FRESH vs Coldest Winter Ever

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 27, 2008
its been a couple days since FRESH dropped. we've had some time for Coldest to soak in. which do you prefer??

FRESH is by far the most polished HD release thus far, & comes across to me as the full realization of the sample-heavy soulful approach he has taken on many tracks in the past.

CWE is the opposite of that. unpolished, filled with budget beats that are more reminiscent of his 90's cash money/southern influence (you already know H a fan).

IMO FRESH slaps harder on some classic & cohesive shit.. but i still find myself coming back to tracks from Coldest. i think CWE has better hooks, & imo H gasses harder on some of the tracks. plus H did a couple songs about/for the bitches on FRESH.

& to be honest. i woulda liked to hear HD on some of those beats D-Lo got.

opinions?

i'm surprised theres no official FRESH thread yet.

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
Fresh rivals any other projects DJ Fresh has done imo, it's up there with his early projects with Livewire. CWE is what we've come to expect from H, you could call it "lo-fi gangsta rap" lol. I prefer Fresh since it's an actual studio album by him(FINALLY) and proves what he could do with quality engineering & mastering. My dream project right now would be a Nick Peace produced HD & Lil Rod album.

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
I understand what you mean, but this being HD's 8th project, he literally has 200+ tracks spitting hard out there now. I think it was a nice change of pace. DJ Fresh also came with a strange mix of dark/soulful beats that went perfectly with HD's style.

BOLO

FRISCO TO SAC IM AT THAT
Aug 27, 2002
CWE has some SLAPS and I like the beats on it but FRESH is HD's best project to date imo. its solid and consistent all the way thru.

Aug 2, 2004
i logged on to siccness specifically for this...i knew dis thread was comin..i like FRESH jus for the simple fact that there we actually songs that didnt have like 15 features from hella weak ass niggas that kill the whole song