Freedom Town: Aesthetic and Recreational Lawn Alternative

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
Jan 29, 2005
PHX
I don't understand that post. How is Swizz Beatz connected to Nike factory workers?

Was that his quote? If it is, it's true. Nike is all like "here's a commercial about oppression and injustice starring Kap" while making billions off slave labor lol

Props: BIG CHUNK

RemyRoux

Sep 8, 2018
'Nike sweatshops. Since the 1970s, Nike, Inc. has been accused of using sweatshops to produce footwear and apparel . Nike has denied the claims in the past, suggesting the company has little control over sub-contracted factories

'Nike, for example, employs more than 100,000 factory workers in Indonesia,paying them an average of about $3.50 per day. Still, despite the rapidly growing demand for its labor, Indonesia remains one of Asia's poorest countries, with the average citizen taking home less than $3,500 per year.Apr 9, 2015 '

here is left biased snopes even agreeing with most of it
https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/nike-workers-pay-kaepernick/

That means Nike workers in Vietnam earned between $0.61 and $0.89 per hour in 2016, based on a working week of 48 hours. However, as the group pointed out, the effects of inflation and an increased cost of living in Vietnam since the 1990s means that this increase in the nominal hourly wage is not as significant in real terms, and may not be that high even in nominal terms, after one accounts for forced overtime, an illegal practice documented by the Worker Rights Consortium in a 2016 report.

According to the manufacturing map, 80 percent of the 385,000 Nike workers in Vietnam are women, as of 6 September 2018, which corresponds with one claim in the tweet.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
I'm not seeing what you're mad at or what side you're on lol

Do you agree that Nike is gross or are you saying that Nike is fine with what they pay?

61 cents per hour with a 48 hour work week is still fucked up regardless if the liberal fucks on twitter are using old 1990's numbers for exaggeration.

I don't understand how Nike can say they have little control of their sub-contracted factories. They choose to do business with them to begin with. At any moment they can produce their products in America and pay the workers $20 an hour with benefits. They choose to go the sweat shop route, and let's be real, if Nike had their factories in America paying 100,000 factory workers $20 an hour with benefits their profit margins would shrivel and they wouldn't be paying Colin Kapernick millions of dollars for his commercials.

I ain't hating on Nike by any means, I wear Nike, just like I own an iphone, and use who knows how many other products produced by sweat shop labor, but for them to pretend like they have no control over it or to pretend they aren't hypocrites with their Kapernick "dream big" commercial while paying factory workers $3.50 a day is hilarious.