Freedom Town: Aesthetic and Recreational Lawn Alternative

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
i was reading theres like a portion of some peoples genes that make pork smell really terrible to them, like it makes it uneatable for them

its like extremely extremely rare though
wait thats wrong, it was something else i was thinking of altogether.

Pork Order May Peak Odor

A proposed European ban on pig castration could make pork smell bad to people with the right genes. Cynthia Graber reports

May 3, 2012

Here’s a tale of genes, smells and pigs.

Most people have two copies of a gene that enables them to detect a steroidal pheromone called androstenone—which is found in male mammals, particularly porkers. But most pigs in developed countries have been chemically castrated. Which means much less androstenone in the meat. So, no strong smell.

Now Europe is considering a ban on castration. Might pork from these intact males smell bad to people with the right genes?

Researchers recruited 23 volunteers, who were screened for the ability to smell androstenone. Tests showed that those who were sensitive to the compound did indeed have two copies of the gene. And those who didn’t notice it or didn’t think it smelled bad mostly had one or no copies.

The researchers then challenged the subjects with pork to which androstenone was added to match levels that would be found in meat from uncastrated males. And the sensitive subjects thought the meat smelled and tasted much worse than did the insensitive tasters. The research was published in Public Library of Science One. [Kathrine Lunde et al., "Genetic Variation of an Odorant Receptor OR7D4 and Sensory Perception of Cooked Meat Containing Androstenone"]

The scientists say ending pig castration could thus make some pork unpalatable to people with the common genes construct. Which might make consumers squeal.

—Cynthia Graber

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
someone gave me some kinda chicken and noodles from the cheesecake factory, man that shit was pretty good lol. really sweet but whatever. and here i planned to eat light tonight at work, lmao, brought some bananas, an orange, and a marie calendar frozen meal.

Rossibreath

triple og from the sbp
Sep 1, 2005
Menasha
Dude, LaHair is BALLLLLLLLLLLLLLIN. I got him off waivers in my fantasy money league. How the fuck did Soriano hit like 9 HR's in Spring Training and has yet to hit one this year? Fuck that dude. Although he has stepped up his defensive game, which is a plus. F @fatbonghit
Ya LaHair leads all 1st basemen in Hrs. Soriano is a bum.

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
i think it was like orange or sesame, i dunno, it was fried and really sweet lol. there was mushrooms, green beans, onion in there, and the noodles were pretty good. really salty sweet greasy type shit, like panda express but way better quality wise lol

ALL BOUT CHICKEN

Allez Les Bleus 🌟🌟
Feb 27, 2006
Paris, France
www.fubuoverstock.com
i think it was like orange or sesame, i dunno, it was fried and really sweet lol. there was mushrooms, green beans, onion in there, and the noodles were pretty good. really salty sweet greasy type shit, like panda express but way better quality wise lol
oh okay, well my mom made something similar to that sometime last week...it was korean style sesame chicken wings...there were onions and garlic in the sauce, i know she didn't put mushrooms or green beans...

i'm actually about to upload a pic into the "this is how we eat" thread.

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
i thought this was some of the dopest shit ever back in like 1997 or something when i first discovered it lol

[video=youtube;8F-kMVqLdf8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8F-kMVqLdf8[/video]

[video=youtube;6zpzXqq2AB4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6zpzXqq2AB4[/video]

[video=youtube;fLqsfwRvYtU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLqsfwRvYtU[/video]

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
you aint lyin Defy, I feel that.

my post seemed worse than it was, life is never 'shit' for me, my life is real cool. got a lot to be thankful for

my days have been cool, took a lil mini vacation & got a follow up interview @ a predominant fortune 500 company on Friday

life is grand, fellas & 1 chick that comes in here.

ill hollar back soon
word.