Freedom Town: Aesthetic and Recreational Lawn Alternative

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 26, 2003
East Oakland, USA
lol @ that Subway commercial saying "Eat Fresh" right after talking about a chicken enchilada sub covered in Fritos
I had this bitch at subway the other day tell me it was my responsibility to put the fritos on my sub.

I've had that sammich 3 times. The 1st 2 were cool, then this broad messes up by not putting the chips on the sammich. She got that "I fucked up, hope nobody notices" face. I wait until were done to see if she says anything, she doesn't.

I ask whats up with the chips, she says "No, you have to get the fritos with the combo, and then put it on the sandwich."

Ha!

The Subway on Telegraph and 40th sucks 9/10 times.

Apr 26, 2003
East Oakland, USA
I can't fuck with Subway anymore after they got exposed for using that chemical that's used for shoe rubber in their bread to help it rise.
They announced that they wont be using that chemical anymore, if that's worth anything.

I like subway, it's not a bad deal. Footlong, chips, drink for like $7 isn't bad.

Apr 26, 2003
East Oakland, USA
Subway to Remove ‘Rubber’ Chemical From Bread, Make Subs Less Bouncy

It’s no secret processed foods are filled with all sorts of chemical additives that probably have no business coming anywhere near your stomach, the majority of which barely manage to eke by on FDA safety standards — but still do, of course, because that’s the way the world works. The latest boogeyman buzzword? Azodicarbonamide, an odorless powder used by many American companies as a flour bleaching agent and dough conditioner, but also for foamed plastics like yoga mats and shoe soles.

Now, thanks to the efforts of blogger/food activist Vani Hari of Foodbabe.com, sandwich chain Subway has officially stated it is working toward a new formula which will remove the chemical from breads made for American stores. Earlier this week Hari started a petition calling for Subway to offer Americans the same azodicarbonamide-free bread as used in their European and Australian markets. As of 11:10 PST today, the petition gained 68,555 signatures.

Subway has since released a statement that it was already working on a new recipe before the petition started, and that it will be ready “soon,” reports the Associated Press.

Just one question Subway: will this change make your stores smell less?

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
They announced that they wont be using that chemical anymore, if that's worth anything.
They didn't say when though, they just said they're "in the process". I'll hit them back up when the news breaks about that shit being completely gone.

These big ass companies piss me off, it wasn't until Subway got exposed that a ton of other companies got exposed. Apparently Pizza Hut was using that same shoe rubber shit in their dough, but stopped using it back in 2011. Gatorade was using a flame retardant in their mix. McDonalds, Arby's, Jack in The Box, and a few other still use that shoe rubber shit, but they haven't said shit about removing it.

Shit is disgusting what they hide from consumers and it's sad one company has to get exposed before other companies start their pre meltdown public relations about removing the product themselves.

This shit has been banned in Europe and other parts of the world for a long time, but good ol' corporate Murica loves to poison it's people for $$$.

Apr 26, 2003
East Oakland, USA
...and then there's this...

Taco Bell Launches New Waffle Taco with Bacon and Entirely New Breakfast Menu Nationwide

Last year, Taco Bell tested their first sausage, scrambled egg, and maple syrup Waffle Taco in Southern California and almost blew up the Internet. This morning, Taco Bell President Brian Niccol announced the Waffle Taco will officially launch nationwide along with a whole new breakfast menu starting March 27. In about 5,500 locations worldwide, Taco Bell will also be extending their breakfast hours in honor of the launch.

Apr 26, 2003
East Oakland, USA
Here’s What Crystal Skull Vodka Looks Like With a Face

If you’ve ever wondered what that Crystal Skull Vodka bottle would look like with skin, er, look no further. When a group of forensic scientists found a bottle at their liquor store, they knew exactly what they had to do, for society’s sake. So they added some faux skin and performed a facial reconstruction to see the man behind the bottle.

The results are pretty astonishing.

The project involved adding on several layers of fake muscle and body mass before a realistic form took shape. The laughing drunk with a bottle coming out of his head is a little disturbing, but hey, anything for science.

We just have one question: what inspired those lovely flowing locks? It’s a hairdo any Disney Princess would envy.