Freedom Town: Aesthetic and Recreational Lawn Alternative

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

martin_07n

Tachas y Perico
Feb 20, 2006
Tacos Sinaloa
www.siccness.net
I don't know if I've mentioned it in here, but there's a web-series, video blog, a barber named Miguel does, "The Nomad Barber". The idea is it's him and his camera man travelling around the world over the coarse of a year, visiting and interviewing barbers from many, many different countries. They travel with some clothes, cameras, and hair cutting supplies and trade haircuts for places to stay, food, etc...So far he's been through Greece and Rome, the middle east, Singapore, Thailand, Japan, Australia, right now he's in South America on his way to Central America...

I emailed him several months ago about the possibility of filming with us at the barber college here in Oakland. He initially agreed. We've been emailing back and forth since and he is now on board to come through for sure. This morning he made the U.S. dates announcement on his facebook and instragram and he'll be in San Francisco at the end of January and stopping in Oakland on his way to Sacramento. I'm hella excited. Here are some of his episodes so far:

It's a really cool series if you're into it. He's visiting barber shops that are literally shacks in mud puddles on the side of roads, and then shops at the top of the tallest skyscrapers in Dubai where they're charging a fortune. He does a cut during the episodes either on top of a mountain, on the balcony of a skyscraper, under a waterfall, etc...

Anyway I think it's hella cool, and I'm hella excited to be a part of it. Check it out if you're interested.

INDEPENDENT TRAVEL BLOG AND WEBSERIES
Let me get a cut when they come film lol

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Lets play how long does my old roommate avoids my calls and how late he is paying me the money he owes me this time around. Last time it was a week on the calls and almost three weeks late with the money.

I think I'm just gonna take the parking pass back and see how much he likes paying in one week what I charge him for 10 to use it instead of parking at work.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Well it's not really loaning him money or anything. It's me letting him borrow a parking pass I never use and charging him $120 for 10 weeks vs him paying like $600 at work to park. But yeah I get what you mean and dude hasn't even once paid me on time (closest was two weeks late, latest six) and never called me like "yeah I got your money in a few days" it's always me bugging him until he pays.

But that said I do like the extra cash for literally doing nothing but it's almost getting not worth the hassle and I also don't like people dodging me and trying to get over, especially his dorky fucking ass.