Freedom Town: Aesthetic and Recreational Lawn Alternative

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Awesome day minus the seahawks loss. That was brutal. But man, way to black out, 20min power nap and randomly mumble at people for the next few hours. Good times.
Yeah we should try to aim another get together for sometime mid-end January. Maybe do pot roast or something? Corey already said he was down on the ride home and he just needs a week or so notice to work early on Sunday and get the day off the next.

S.SAVAGE

SICCNESS MOTHERFUCKER
Oct 25, 2011
EAST SAN JOSE
S.SAVAGE @S.SAVAGE

J-Boog is at the New Parish in Oakland on the 30th, but its $35.

u should go to the show in Sac @ Ace of Spades in February. I can get tickets for like $8
oakland is just much more convenient... pretty sure i am hitting that show

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
got a new york yankees pullover jacket from my ex, an indianapolis colts hat for xmas from one aunt, and an oakland raiders long sleeve t-shirt from another aunt...i would think they'd know by now that i'm an oakland a's/dallas cowboys fan by now, lol...not complaining though, could be worse

also got $100 in starbucks gift cards, which is pretty hyphy

but the best presents were getting to spend time with family from both my mom and dad's side of the family

second best was probably the faggot ass los angeles lakers losing today

hope all of the brehs had a merry thizzmas
I'll name my gifts too just because

Raiders hoodie, Raiders zip up windbreaker, raiders license plate frame, 2 steph curry jersey shirts, raiders gloves, breaking bad tshirt, warriors basketball shorts, raiders pajamas, fleece plaid pajamas, a 16 oz of some really good ipa. Movies passes, $40 cash. That's mostly everything. I'm obviously pretty easy to buy gifts for. Buy me something with a raiders logo and I'm good.Christmas yesterday was somewhat untraditional. Opened gifts and had brunch and my parents house, which was cool, but my girl had family in town who were in ca for the first time ever and wanted to sightsee in sf. So we met them out there and went to the palace of fine arts, dunbar st, and pier 39. Christmas dinner was a cheeseburger and calamari and chips from the food stand at pier 39, whatever. It was cool I guess

Hope everyone else had a good Christmas

Apr 26, 2003
East Oakland, USA
I don't know if I've mentioned it in here, but there's a web-series, video blog, a barber named Miguel does, "The Nomad Barber". The idea is it's him and his camera man travelling around the world over the coarse of a year, visiting and interviewing barbers from many, many different countries. They travel with some clothes, cameras, and hair cutting supplies and trade haircuts for places to stay, food, etc...So far he's been through Greece and Rome, the middle east, Singapore, Thailand, Japan, Australia, right now he's in South America on his way to Central America...

I emailed him several months ago about the possibility of filming with us at the barber college here in Oakland. He initially agreed. We've been emailing back and forth since and he is now on board to come through for sure. This morning he made the U.S. dates announcement on his facebook and instragram and he'll be in San Francisco at the end of January and stopping in Oakland on his way to Sacramento. I'm hella excited. Here are some of his episodes so far:

It's a really cool series if you're into it. He's visiting barber shops that are literally shacks in mud puddles on the side of roads, and then shops at the top of the tallest skyscrapers in Dubai where they're charging a fortune. He does a cut during the episodes either on top of a mountain, on the balcony of a skyscraper, under a waterfall, etc...

Anyway I think it's hella cool, and I'm hella excited to be a part of it. Check it out if you're interested.

http://www.thenomadbarber.com/

Last edited: