Freedom Town: Aesthetic and Recreational Lawn Alternative

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Ne Obliviscaris

RIP Cut-Throat and SoCo
Dec 30, 2004
Thank you. I'm hoping I get a keeper phenotype without back crossing or stabilizing. I've seen a few forum GSC crosses that hit the jackpot on the first cross. I'm obsessed with breeding, I wanna raise the bar for potency.
Wait, did you cross it? I thought you just took an existing cross and forced it to produce beans using coloidal silver?

mouth_my_nuts

🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻
Feb 16, 2006
Wait, did you cross it? I thought you just took an existing cross and forced it to produce beans using coloidal silver?
I crossed the og to the GSC. The colloidal silver reversed my og Kush female plant and made it produce pollen. I saved the pollen and brushed it on a GSC plant that was on its 3rd week of flower. The GSC took the pollen and produced 7 seeds from the cross.

mouth_my_nuts

🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻
Feb 16, 2006
Just og kush x gsc. The oG Kush I have can be Traced back to the mid to late 90s. My homie has been growing it for about 20 years & I've only had it for about 4-5 years. He's reversed it to produce pollen And tried back crossing it by pollinating the same og with the pollen but the sister plant has never taken. It's weird. I got lucky the GSC took the pollen on the first hit.

Props: S.SAVAGE

mouth_my_nuts

🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻
Feb 16, 2006
If I grow the beans out and dust it again with og pollen then it'd be og Kush x gsc(bx) F2 which just means I crossed it back to the og and the beans from that would be the 2nd generation of the cross. That's how strains get stabilized to remove hermie traits and single out characteristics you want to keep in the plant(I.e. smell, taste, flower time).

Last edited:

Ne Obliviscaris

RIP Cut-Throat and SoCo
Dec 30, 2004
huh.... I must have totally misread your original post then, I dunno where it is, but the one from the other day. I thought you were crossing a kush (not OG Kush, but an actual Kush) with the og x gsc cross. Either way, nice mix.

How many generations of clones off your OG you think? And by generations I don't mean rounds, I mean clones of clones. You noticed a change in vigor at all across generations? Do you sexually reproduce them and do pheno selection every once in a while?

Ne Obliviscaris

RIP Cut-Throat and SoCo
Dec 30, 2004
If I grow the beans out and dust it again with og pollen then it'd be og Kush x gsc(bx) F1 which just means I crossed it back to the og and its the first generation of the cross. That's how strains get stabilized to remove hermie traits and single out characteristics you want to keep in the plant(I.e. smell, taste, flower time).
technically you'd have to use the pollen from a cross by growing out a male (or reversing a female for pollen) for it to be an f1, otherwise its an og x (og x gsc).

Props: mouth_my_nuts
May 4, 2002
China is the opposite of Communist. Cash Rules Everything Around Me...

Well, hard to say if my life is better, because I came here when I was not earning much in my company. Not sure where I would be if I would have stayed in Germany working my way up...but I think the life for my kids would be better. Here you have to pay US$ 15+ just to take your kids to a playground that is free in our countries...
Lol wut? Monkey bars and a slide cost $15

mouth_my_nuts

🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻
Feb 16, 2006
Nope just reversed our ogk to produce ogk pollen and dusted the GSC with it. Probably 1000 times over we've take clones from clones and the vigor never changes. I've had people telll me that genetic drift can take place from cloning clones but I think it would take 1000s if not hundreds of thousands of years to get a change in vigor. We've tried to back cross the og to itself specifically to pheno hunt but the sister plant never takes the pollen.

Ne Obliviscaris

RIP Cut-Throat and SoCo
Dec 30, 2004
Nope just reversed our ogk to produce ogk pollen and dusted the GSC with it. Probably 1000 times over we've take clones from clones and the vigor never changes. I've had people telll me that genetic drift can take place from cloning clones but I think it would take 1000s if not hundreds of thousands of years to get a change in vigor. We've tried to back cross the og to itself specifically to pheno hunt but the sister plant never takes the pollen.
You have no idea how happy that makes me. Although I think different strains are differently succeptible to drift (it definately occurs, its rate that probably varies) I keep hearing more and more anecdotal evidence that, especially the older strains are pretty resiliant.

mouth_my_nuts

🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻
Feb 16, 2006
I know my boys been cloning from clones since he's had it in the 90s and it grows just as strong as it did when he got it. Rarely throws mutations and the only time it throws a seed is if we flower it longer than 10 weeks which isn't necessary at all. But we have popped s1's from the og and we got a fruity pebble skunk smelling pheno from an s1 which took best indica at the high times cup a few years ago...that s1 now goes by the name "bty OG" which stands for "better then your" og lol. Anyways whoever worked on this OG I have really stabilized it and got its resilience up.

mouth_my_nuts

🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻🖕🏻
Feb 16, 2006
I have an s1 from some sherbet nug which was created by the same circle who bred Girl Scout cookie. I'm gonna pop that and see what comes about. When I posted it on instagram someone was saying Berner was pissed about it because the club he dropped the sherbet off to was supposed to go through and de-seed it.

Attachments

Last edited: