Freedom Town: Aesthetic and Recreational Lawn Alternative

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
Yes, it was posted earlier
Thats where I linked from Nuttkase on it.

Hey Nato, is sidechaining somethere fairly easy that you can tell me how to do, or is it something I should learn from a youtube tutorial?
I'm not sure what program you run, but yoututbe tutorial would be best.

I know for Ableton Say I load a Kick track and a bass track. I load a compressor on the Bass. Then there is a button that say's side chain and select input ( choose kick).

Then play with the threshold. When you chain it, the compressor will monitor the kick levels, and where every you set your threshold it will allow the kick to jump out the mix instantly, while lowering the bass level for a split second. It gives your mix that real "punch" or "pumping" sound.

I'll a post a before and after, I was messing with that paul young track last night.

Props: infinity

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
isnt sidechaining what purity ring basically built their sound on?
Daft Punk, Justice, Afro Jack... most that French/ Dutch house abuses it.

If you use it in settle amounts, its a valid production tech for drums, and bass.

infinity @infinity
With Side chain:

Without side chain:

scroll to 1:10 or so and you will see the difference. I chained the Kick to the lead synth. I'm going to remix most the songs on that last tape so they hit like this.

Last edited: