Freedom Town: Aesthetic and Recreational Lawn Alternative

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
haha I been E-40 and Mac Dre fan since the days I could go to the Vallejo Wherehouse Music, and buy it on cassette.
While I haven't really listened to any of them in a minute I was a big fan of Federal, In a Major Way and Down and Dirty by The Click. As for Mac Dre really ever was only a fan of YBB: The Album and some songs off of both Stupid Doo Doo Dumb and Rapper Gone Bad.

I've said this before, E-40's style, voice and flow sounded very natural on those three albums I listed above. It just sounded like "well this is how I sound and it's different but dope" to me when I first heard those albums. As he got more and more popular he started really putting effort into overemphasizing all three of those things in my opinion and it just sounds really forced and unnatural to me.

I wouldn't even argue with 40 being a bay area rap legend of course, or hell even a rap legend in general, because he is. I just personally haven't liked or found any of his music interesting in a long time.

Young 'D' Boyz were always my favorite artists out of Vallejo but even with that said I was more into rap from San Francisco, Richmond and EPA during the "golden age" of bay area rap music.

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
I think my favorite rap group outside vallejo was S.I.C, I really played the wheels off that tape. Young D Boyz where awesome too.

I liked Young Lays YBB release. I only could really get into dubee's first album... rest where meh in my opinion.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
I think my favorite rap group outside vallejo was S.I.C, I really played the wheels off that tape. Young D Boyz where awesome too.

I liked Young Lays YBB release. I only could really get into dubee's first album... rest where meh in my opinion.
Yeah S.I.C. was dope. My favorite bay album ever is probably C.I.N.'s Richmond Roulette but I'd really have to think about that.

Yeah Black 'N Dangerous is fucking awesome and guess what, this is going to blow your mind, probably has my favorite 2Pac verse on it as well. I also liked Mac Mall's first and second albums and the first Romper Room comp and I think that's about it for me there.