Freedom Town: Aesthetic and Recreational Lawn Alternative

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

RemyRoux

Sep 8, 2018
America is a very large place with a population of 325 million people. Less than a percent of a percent of a percent of a percent was actually effected by this shooting or any other shooting that happens here.

We usually have between 10,000 - 12,000 gun homicides per year. Now do some math and compare that to our population of 325 million.

Someone is about as likely to win the lottery as they are to be killed by a gun.

The media makes it seem like it's a war zone out here and everybody and their mother is being shot. The media is stupid.
Yes I know more gun murders happen in chicago etc.

"America is like a perpetual tv show"

Pittsburgh, PA where the shooting happened is 2200 miles away from me. What character do I play in this show 2200 miles away? lol
The amercian jerk

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Chicago does have a lot of murders man
It does, but the way the media and people on the internet talk about it is like Chicago is some insane horror movie with people getting clapped left and right.

Even the worst neighborhoods in the South and West sides encompass hundreds of thousands of people with about 600 murders per year. The average person is gonna be fine, even in the shittiest of neighborhoods.

Props: infinity
Jan 29, 2005
PHX
I spent years buying into that anti America fear mongering bullshit. Now I feel like a dumbass. All it look was simple logic and statistics to snap me out of that retarded media force fed bullshit.

Right now for example I live in the worst crime statistic area of Phoenix metro, the Maryvale/Estrella/Tolleson side of town. I've lived in this neighborhood for 3 years and don't even realize crime exists here. I don't see it, I haven't even had my car broken in to or anything. I also realize this area of town has a few hundred thousand people and my chances of being a victim of crime is pretty slim and even if I'm a victim of a crime it more than likely won't be murder, it will be a crime I'll be able to dust myself off from and move on.

This fear mongering culture is stupid as fuck. The mass majority of people in America will never be a victim of a violent crime, most won't even be a victim of a minor crime, and a microscopic amount will be a victim of murder.

America rules

USA USA USA USA

Props: infinity