Freedom Town: Aesthetic and Recreational Lawn Alternative

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
man i wish youtube would go back to the way it was. they clearly changed their recommendation algorithms for whatever reason, recently in the past 1-3 months. it seems like i keep getting looped into just a small handful of songs, or small amount of content that stays stuck to my recommendation list. i miss how you could "go into a youtube hole" you know? where you just get lost going through all these crazy recommendations then end up on some crazy stuff or some stuff you wouldn't have normally ever searched for but was interesting. or even just music, being able to discover new music instead of just seeing the same few mainstream songs pinned to the side no matter what genre you're listening to. and sometimes its like certain videos you like to watch now and then just disappear or channels you're subscribed too just disappear when before you'd get updates on their videos or see their collab videos with other people in your recommendations. "disappear" as in you're subscribed and constantly watch that content but you have to actually navigate to their page and if you're not constantly doing that you wont see it. seems pointless to be subscribed, you have to be subscribed plus have notifications on for that channel and notifications seem buggy

Last edited:

Mac Jesus

Girls send me your nudes
May 31, 2003
man i wish youtube would go back to the way it was. they clearly changed their recommendation algorithms for whatever reason, recently in the past 1-3 months. it seems like i keep getting looped into just a small handful of songs, or small amount of content that stays stuck to my recommendation list. i miss how you could "go into a youtube hole" you know? where you just get lost going through all these crazy recommendations then end up on some crazy stuff or some stuff you wouldn't have normally ever searched for but was interesting. or even just music, being able to discover new music instead of just seeing the same few mainstream songs pinned to the side no matter what genre you're listening to. and sometimes its like certain videos you like to watch now and then just disappear or channels you're subscribed too just disappear when before you'd get updates on their videos or see their collab videos with other people in your recommendations. "disappear" as in you're subscribed and constantly watch that content but you have to actually navigate to their page and if you're not constantly doing that you wont see it
I've been noticing this too but haven't articulated it in my head until you wrote this post. Youtube sucks man. Let's make our own video sharing website that has a better algorithm.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
man i wish youtube would go back to the way it was. they clearly changed their recommendation algorithms for whatever reason, recently in the past 1-3 months. it seems like i keep getting looped into just a small handful of songs, or small amount of content that stays stuck to my recommendation list. i miss how you could "go into a youtube hole" you know? where you just get lost going through all these crazy recommendations then end up on some crazy stuff or some stuff you wouldn't have normally ever searched for but was interesting. or even just music, being able to discover new music instead of just seeing the same few mainstream songs pinned to the side no matter what genre you're listening to. and sometimes its like certain videos you like to watch now and then just disappear or channels you're subscribed too just disappear when before you'd get updates on their videos or see their collab videos with other people in your recommendations. "disappear" as in you're subscribed and constantly watch that content but you have to actually navigate to their page and if you're not constantly doing that you wont see it. seems pointless to be subscribed, you have to be subscribed plus have notifications on for that channel and notifications seem buggy

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
I've been noticing this too but haven't articulated it in my head until you wrote this post. Youtube sucks man. Let's make our own video sharing website that has a better algorithm.

Here's a video I just found that articulates it, if you are interested, and takes a guess as to why they did it. There are dozens of videos on it out there on YouTube.