Freedom Town: Aesthetic and Recreational Lawn Alternative

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 30 (2 members and 28 guests)
BUTCHER 206

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 31 (2 members and 29 guests)
BUTCHER 206

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 35 (2 members and 33 guests)
BUTCHER 206

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 37 (2 members and 35 guests)
BUTCHER 206

lol wtf everytime i refresh its more and more guests

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
How much weight have you lost since you started?

We are all gonna make it brah

Plitt was hit and killed by the southbound Metrolink Antelope Valley Line train 268 in Burbank, California, on January 17, 2015, while running between the rails. His death was recorded by the camera mounted in the cab of the engine.[6][7] After examining the video, police reportedly told TMZ Plitt was standing on the tracks, and tried to outrace the train when it approached, to prove the efficiency of an energy drink for a commercial. He was shortly after knocked off the tracks and out of frame.[8]

Mac Jesus

Girls send me your nudes
May 31, 2003
Cooking a red baron classic crust hawaiian and I bought 2.32lbs red cherries for tonight. Also bought a bottle of this:

Marinating a small chicken breast in it that ill eat tomorrow morning, and a large one that I'll eat Wednesday morning. This teriyaki sauce is very good I highly recommend it.
Drink a michelada you mexican fuck

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
"Natural better than artificial hurrr durr" - A morbidly obese aussie poorfag
Thanks for the support my best friend

https://examine.com/faq/is-diet-soda-bad-for-you/

ReSpawn @ReSpawn

There is currently no good evidence that diet soda is bad for you (i.e. causes weight gain or health complications). Even the topic of diet soda causing food overconsumption is mixed literature. The worst side-effect of diet soda is potentially poor dental health.

Simply put...
There are no studies that indicate any long-term health risks from drinking diet soda. Diet Soda (defined as calorie free carbonated beverages sweetened with aspartame, sucralose, acesulfame-potassium, or other non-caloric or minimally caloric sweeteners) is not harmful to health, well-being, or body composition.[1]

There is no evidence that diet soda inhibits fat loss, or that it even spikes insulin levels to levels that would be detrimental to health.

Current research that attempts to link diet soda with health issues[2][3] did not have equal caloric consumption. Excess caloric consumption has a direct correlation with many health issues, and in fact one of the studies[2] distinctly states:

Consequently, the previously observed diet soda–metabolic syndrome associations are generally speculated to be the result of residual confounding by other dietary behaviors, lifestyle factors, or demographic characteristics (1,2). Biological mechanisms possibly explaining these associations are few and largely focus on artificial sweeteners in beverages/foods increasing the desire for (and consumption of) sugar-sweetened, energy-dense beverages/foods (3) or disrupting consumers' ability to accurately estimate energy intake and remaining energy needs (4). Thus, diet soda consumption may result in overconsumption, increased body weight, and consequent metabolic dysfunction.

As all current research has found diet soda sweeteners to be safe per se, a tentative conclusion is that diet soda is harmless when paired with an otherwise controlled diet; many people who have bad diets consume diet soda in an attempt to do "less damage" - this results in an incorrect conclusion that diet soda leads to an unhealthy condition.

What about those studies that I read saying diet soda was bad?
Most likely that was a survey or epidemiological research. This is research that aims to find correlations (relationships) between two variables, and sets up future studies to find which variable causes what.

There are many studies that note that Diet Soda is frequently consumed by unhealthy people,[2][3] but no studies that compare people with equivalent diets. One study (Northern Manhattan Study) was able to control a fair bit of variables and found a weak correlation between diet soda and vascular events, but these differences disappeared when 'pre-existing health conditions' were considered.[4]

When comparing diet soda against other non-caloric beverages in an intervention study, and you control the rest of the diet, no difference in weight loss is noted. This suggests that the problem is likely the habits of people who drink diet soda, rather than the diet soda itself.[2] The Northern Manhattan study suggested that diet soda use may be correlated with disease as it its consumption was an attempt by (already unhealthy) individuals to reduce calories and take control of their health.[4]

What are the legitimate downsides to diet soda?
Soda (in general) has been linked to poor dental health numerous times, especially children.[5][6] Although sucrose (sugar) plays a major role, the general acidity of diet sodas can also negatively influence dental health.[5] Overconsumption of soft drinks without adequate dental intervention may result in cavities and yellowing of teeth, and this applies to both sugared and diet sodas; although sugared are worse in this regard.[7]

Scientific Support & Reference Citations
References

Passman CM, et al Effect of soda consumption on urinary stone risk parameters . J Endourol. (2009)
Nettleton JA, et al Diet soda intake and risk of incident metabolic syndrome and type 2 diabetes in the Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis (MESA) . Diabetes Care. (2009)
Dhingra R, et al Soft drink consumption and risk of developing cardiometabolic risk factors and the metabolic syndrome in middle-aged adults in the community . Circulation. (2007)
Gardener H, et al Diet Soft Drink Consumption is Associated with an Increased Risk of Vascular Events in the Northern Manhattan Study . J Gen Intern Med. (2012)
Kaplowitz GJ An update on the dangers of soda pop . Dent Assist. (2011)
Cheng R, et al Dental erosion and severe tooth decay related to soft drinks: a case report and literature review . J Zhejiang Univ Sci B. (2009)
Shenkin JD, et al Soft drink consumption and caries risk in children and adolescents . Gen Dent. (2003)

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
Safety and approval controversies[edit]
Main article: Aspartame controversy
Aspartame has been found to be safe for human consumption by more than ninety countries worldwide,[28][29] with FDA officials describing aspartame as "one of the most thoroughly tested and studied food additives the agency has ever approved" and its safety as "clear cut",[30] but has been the subject of several controversies, hoaxes[3] and health scares.[31]

Initially aspartame was approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 1974; however, problems with Searle's safety testing program, including testing of aspartame, were discovered subsequently. The approval was rescinded the following year, but after outside reviews of the problematic tests and additional testing, final approval was granted in 1981. Because allegations of conflicts of interest marred the FDA's approval of aspartame,[6][30][32] the U.S. Government Accountability Office reviewed the actions of involved officials in 1986 and the approval process in 1987; neither the allegations of conflict of interest nor problems in the final approval process were substantiated.[6][33]

In addition, the Centers for Disease Control investigated in 1984 and was unable to find any significant epidemiological associations to serious risk or harm.[34]

Since December 1998, a widely circulated email hoax cited aspartame as the cause of numerous diseases.[35]

The weight of existing scientific evidence indicates that aspartame is safe at current levels of consumption as a non-nutritive sweetener.[8] Reviews conducted by regulatory agencies decades after aspartame was first approved have supported its continued availability.[36]

Safety and health effects[edit]
The safety of aspartame has been studied extensively since its discovery with research that includes animal studies, clinical and epidemiological research, and postmarketing surveillance.[37] Aspartame is one of the most rigorously tested food ingredients.[38] Peer-reviewed comprehensive review articles and independent reviews by governmental regulatory bodies have analyzed the published research on the safety of aspartame and have found aspartame is safe for consumption at current levels.[8][37][39][40] Aspartame has been deemed safe for human consumption by over 100 regulatory agencies in their respective countries,[40] including the UK Food Standards Agency,[41] the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA)[42] and Health Canada.[43]

Cancer[edit]
Reviews have found no association between aspartame and cancer. These reviews have looked at numerous carcinogenicity studies in animals, epidemiologic studies in humans, as well as in vitro genotoxicity studies. These studies have found no significant evidence that aspartame causes cancer in animals, damages the genome, or causes cancer in humans at doses currently used.[8][37][40][57] This position is supported by multiple regulatory agencies like the FDA[58] and EFSA as well as scientific bodies such as the National Cancer Institute.[46] Aspartame did not show any DNA-damaging properties either.[59]

Concern about possible carcinogenic properties of aspartame was originally raised and popularized in the mainstream media by John Olney in the 1970s and again in 1996 by suggesting that aspartame may be related to brain tumors. Reviews have found that these concerns were flawed, due to reliance on the ecological fallacy[59] and the purported mechanism of causing tumors being unlikely to actually cause cancer. Independent agencies such as the FDA and National Cancer Institute have reanalyzed multiple studies based on these worries and found no association between aspartame and brain cancer.[40]

As discussed in the article on controversies around aspartame, the Cesare Maltoni Cancer Research Center of the European Ramazzini Foundation of Oncology and Environmental Sciences released several studies which claimed that aspartame can increase several malignancies in rodents, concluding that aspartame is a potential carcinogen at normal dietary doses.[60][61] The EFSA[62] and the FDA[58] discounted the study results due to lack of transparency and numerous flaws in the study, finding no reason to revise their previously established acceptable daily intake levels for aspartame.

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
What's with you attacking me with these super venomous ultra-personal statements, like "Weren't you diagnosed with bi-polar on this date?"
"Isn't this the day your mom was murdered"

the hell is that about? 1: Are you actually looking up records of mine and 2. Why? Why would you look stuff up, save it, then attack me with it? The hell is your problem?

Mac Jesus

Girls send me your nudes
May 31, 2003
What's with you attacking me with these super venomous ultra-personal statements, like "Weren't you diagnosed with bi-polar on this date?"
"Isn't this the day your mom was murdered"

the hell is that about? 1: Are you actually looking up records of mine and 2. Why? Why would you look stuff up, save it, then attack me with it? The hell is your problem?
what