Freedom Town: Aesthetic and Recreational Lawn Alternative

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

AlcoholicLoser

I drink a lot of beer
Jun 3, 2002
Oregon Coast
This beer is actually very good, very strong malty tones dominate the flavor but the overall profile is exquisite. I can also taste very subtle caramel tones in the background.

Overall 8/10, a memorable and highly pleasant ale, but too similar to other options on the market (such as Badgers First Call) to make it exceptional. However, I would still strongly recommend St Peter's Golden Ale to anyone looking to try a new traditional British ale.
Fuck that weak ass shit. If its under 7% its not worth my time, i wont even try it cuz fuck that shit thats why

Dec 11, 2006
This beer is actually very good, very strong malty tones dominate the flavor but the overall profile is exquisite. I can also taste very subtle caramel tones in the background.

Overall 8/10, a memorable and highly pleasant ale, but too similar to other options on the market (such as Badgers First Call) to make it exceptional. However, I would still strongly recommend St Peter's Golden Ale to anyone looking to try a new traditional British ale.

How do you get caramel tones from a golden ale?

DaGrimProphet

English Gentleman
Dec 23, 2014
UK
How do you get caramel tones from a golden ale?
They are extremely subtle, but similar to Old Golden Hen and, to some extent Old Speckled Hen. Not really sweet caramel, its a bitter caramel note which compliments the other flavors very nicely. It definitely has notable characteristics of a darker ale, even down to the color of it lol

However, the caramel tones were the only other background tones I could pick up, the main malty tone is so strong its almost overpowering, and totally dominates the whole profile of the beer.

But its certainly a very stereotypical English tasting golden ale and, like I said before, it tastes remarkably similar to this in a strange way

^thats a very good beer worth trying.

DaGrimProphet

English Gentleman
Dec 23, 2014
UK
I've never tried that myself, but I've heard that it's decent as far as Canadian whiskeys are concerned.

Is Crown Royal the only other notable Canadian whiskey? I've never tried that either. I had the chance to get it and I passed on the grounds that its a blended whiskey and its not cheap. Unless I'm just grabbing a cheap bottle of something from down the store to get drunk, I like to go for a single malt.

But if I was you I would go for the whiskey.

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
They are extremely subtle, but similar to Old Golden Hen and, to some extent Old Speckled Hen. Not really sweet caramel, its a bitter caramel note which compliments the other flavors very nicely. It definitely has notable characteristics of a darker ale, even down to the color of it lol

However, the caramel tones were the only other background tones I could pick up, the main malty tone is so strong its almost overpowering, and totally dominates the whole profile of the beer.

But its certainly a very stereotypical English tasting golden ale and, like I said before, it tastes remarkably similar to this in a strange way

^thats a very good beer worth trying.
lol