Freedom Town: Aesthetic and Recreational Lawn Alternative

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 29, 2005
PHX
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor ($199.99 @ Micro Center)
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i 77.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler ($87.99 @ NCIX US)
Motherboard: Asus MAXIMUS VII HERO ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($203.09 @ SuperBiiz)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($129.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive ($133.00 @ Amazon)
Video Card: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB FTW ACX 2.0 Video Card ($354.99 @ Newegg)
Case: Fractal Design Define R4 (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case ($74.99 @ NCIX US)
Power Supply: EVGA 750W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply ($117.98 @ Newegg)
Optical Drive: LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Writer ($47.95 @ OutletPC)
Total: $1329.97
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-02-11 08:55 EST-0500
InfamousICON @InfamousICON jake921660 @jake921660 what do you think?

I switched to a fully modular gold certified power supply cause 1. Non modular psu's with the hundred different cords always bugged me and 2. Ill use this computer A LOT. the energy efficiency will save me money, it'll pay for any difference between a cheaper psu in energy savings within a year even if I only used it like 3hrs a day lol.

Took your advice went with more storage.... even though ill never use it lol. I don't pirate

Switched to a nonwindowed case to save $30. I dobt fuckin care about a case

Got rid of thermal paste, the corsair h100i comes pasted
Looks like a cool computer. You should look up all the parts on amazon, even if amazon is a couple dollars more you can save big on shipping by signing up for an amazon prime trial account (if you don't have prime already) which is free 2 day shipping and everything will show up together.

750w power supply is a lot, you gonna need that much? 600w will probably be more than enough, although I don't know how much that water cooler uses since I never really fucked with water cooling.

Props: BUTCHER 206

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
Looks like a cool computer. You should look up all the parts on amazon, even if amazon is a couple dollars more you can save big on shipping by signing up for an amazon prime trial account (if you don't have prime already) which is free 2 day shipping and everything will show up together.

750w power supply is a lot, you gonna need that much? 600w will probably be more than enough, although I don't know how much that water cooler uses since I never really fucked with water cooling.
Yeah amazon will be an extra $100 but it'll all ship for free and at the same time and I trust them. I can't buy this all at once I'm going to do half soon, then half a month from now

750watt is a lot but it leaves room for upgrading to an i7 and adding one or two more vid cards in like 2-3 yrs from now

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
I might buy an already thermaled up heatsink just for the fact it's already thermaled up lol my least favorite part of putting a computer together is putting thermal paste on. I always get all paranoid about whether I used too much or not enough, if it slides slightly when putting the heatsink in if it left any air pockets, all that shit. Even the slightest movement can have your shit running a couple degrees higher than it needs to be for years and you would never know.

Props: BUTCHER 206

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
just mobbed on a loaded breakfast burrito from Barl's Jr. #RNS #TRIVIALPURSUITNOTTABOO
I'm about to cook these steak fries and bbq boneless chicken "wyngz" even though they go against everything I stand for and make me a hypocrite lol. The foster farms and tyson wings have been so fatty recently they're turning me off to wings... seriously they're like 30% fat or some shit its obscene

#BATTLESHIPNOTCONNECT4

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
THAT'S WEAK MINDED SHIT WHEN YOU LET SHIT MAKE YOU THINK FUNNY LOL YOU ACT LIKE YOU THE HARDEST MUTHA FUCKA ON THE SICC, AND EVERY ONE POSTING IS ON SOME NERD SHIT, MY FAMILY IS FULL OF KILLERS, GANGSTAS AND REAL MF'S, I GOT OG UNCLES THAT DID MANY PRISON BIDS ACTING LIKE MUTHA FUCKAS SUPPOSED BE SCARED OF YOU CAUSE YOU RAPPED WITH C-BO LOL, GET THE FUCK OUTTA HERE! YOU ON SOME FAIRY TALE MOB SHIT LOL WHERES YOUR MOB AT? I AIN'T HEARD OF OR SEEN THEM DO ANYTHING, YALL JUST A BUNCH OF OLD WASHED UP RAPPERS SITTING AT HOME WITH YOUR 10 KIDS LOSING MORE HAIR GETTING FAT OFF YOUR BM EBT CARD, YOU FUCKING CLOWN!!
100% truth

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
I might buy an already thermaled up heatsink just for the fact it's already thermaled up lol my least favorite part of putting a computer together is putting thermal paste on. I always get all paranoid about whether I used too much or not enough, if it slides slightly when putting the heatsink in if it left any air pockets, all that shit. Even the slightest movement can have your shit running a couple degrees higher than it needs to be for years and you would never know.
Lol exactly. I hate that shit. William206 just the other week was like "you ever use this thermal paste stuff? I just pulled out the processor and wiped it clean then put a little dab of this paste on and put it together again my cpus way cooler and faster now". I'm like "you... you pulled the cpu out... scrubbed it, just put a 'dab' on there... put it together... it works? wtf". It almost gave me a mild headache thinking of just unsnapping and resnapping the cpu in place lol.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Lol exactly. I hate that shit. William206 just the other week was like "you ever use this thermal paste stuff? I just pulled out the processor and wiped it clean then put a little dab of this paste on and put it together again my cpus way cooler and faster now". I'm like "you... you pulled the cpu out... scrubbed it, just put a 'dab' on there... put it together... it works? wtf". It almost gave me a mild headache thinking of just unsnapping and resnapping the cpu in place lol.
He just put a dab on? Hopefully his shit don't burn up.