Freedom Town: Aesthetic and Recreational Lawn Alternative

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 26, 2003
East Oakland, USA
Lance Armstrong... I don't care what he did doping wise, cuz everyone in that sport does it. To ba able to dominate and event where you ride a bike for over 100 miles a day for 2 weeks is fuckin incredible.
You couldn't be wronger.

Gretzky is head and shoulders above the closest competitors. Jordan, Ali, Ruth, Gibson all behind Gretzky. Armstrong falls in the 2nd tier, a. because cyclists carry a very narrow skillset vs. other sports and he didn't play any, b. he cheated, and c. he was dominant sure, but not as dominant as others placed ahead of him. Miguel Indurain is sitting on 5 TDF in a row from the 90's, without a positive test.

Jim Thorpe, Jim Brown, Bjorn Borg, Bo Jackson, Deion Sanders, John Elway, Jack Niklaus...Those are the kinda names Armstrong falls among.

Greatest endurance athlete? Maybe. Greatest athlete period? No way, Jose.

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
Lance Armstrong never tested positive either though right? I think a lot of the cyclists have claimed that just about everybody juices in that sport. But I agree, he's not even close to the others you mentioned. Throw Michael Phelps and Lebron in there too.

Apr 26, 2003
East Oakland, USA
Comparing all these sports makes no sense, apples and oranges.

And nobody cares about wrassling.
Sure it does. You can quantify pretty much everything. If you look at how much more dominant person a was vs. person b, regardless of sport you can draw a line, not always the straightest line, but enough for an argument, I'd say.

Apr 26, 2003
East Oakland, USA
Lance Armstrong never tested positive either though right? I think a lot of the cyclists have claimed that just about everybody juices in that sport. But I agree, he's not even close to the others you mentioned. Throw Michael Phelps and Lebron in there too.
I guess that's right, he never had a positive test. He admitted to it left and right though. Dr's, team directors, bribed officials, in retrospect its a surprise that it was a surprise. Never the less.

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
I guess that's right, he never had a positive test. He admitted to it left and right though. Dr's, team directors, bribed officials, in retrospect its a surprise that it was a surprise. Never the less.
right, I'm just saying that I wouldn't be surprised if that fool in the 90's was doping too but either way, Armstrong couldn't carry most of those other dudes jockstrap in a suitcase.

Add Walter Payton to that list. Bo Jackson and Payton might be the best athletes ever IMO. Obviously Bo's career was cut short but as far as athletic ability, he's way up there.

Last edited: