Free Programs to Chop and Screw

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

DjTre

Sicc OG
Aug 9, 2009
Ableton Live, Traktor, Virtual Dj, & Serato Scratch Live are some popular Dj softwares. but you have to buy them. Unless you want to just download and crack them.

You can buy a dj midi controller to control the mixing on the computer, heres examples:
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=dj+midi+controller&x=0&y=0

Or you can check these plugins out and host them in a music program, unless they are also standalone. Free dj softwares are kinda cheap though cuz they have limited abilities.
http://www.kvraudio.com/get.php?mode=results&st=adv&soft[]=i&soft[]=e&soft[]=h&soft[]=d&soft[]=w&type[]=85&f[]=0&f[]=au&f[]=dx&f[]=ladspa&f[]=rtas&f[]=vst&linux=1&osx=1&win=1&free=1&com=1&un=1&sf=0&receptor=&de=0&sort=1&rpp=15

Mar 17, 2006
Do you guys know any? I'd prefer to not have to buy turntables and all that shit. I wanna do it right from my computer. Any ideas?

Buy an X-session Pro that comes with Ableton Live lite, drop in two copies of the same song into tracks 1 and 2 in live, put one an 1/8th note ahead of the other, slow the tempo down to the desired screwedness, set tracks 1 and two to crossfader a and b on the x-session and done.

It's a cheap piece of plastic for about 90 bucks w/ the lite program last time I checked and would be perfect for this. It has a shitty crossfader but is a lot better than chopping with the mouse.

STRATEGY

Mar 17, 2006
Buy an X-session Pro that comes with Ableton Live lite, drop in two copies of the same song into tracks 1 and 2 in live, put one an 1/8th note ahead of the other, slow the tempo down to the desired screwedness, set tracks 1 and two to crossfader a and b on the x-session and done.

It's a cheap piece of plastic for about 90 bucks w/ the lite program last time I checked and would be perfect for this. It has a shitty crossfader but is a lot better than chopping with the mouse.

STRATEGY
um, I thought i saw it bundled with Live Lite before, but looking online I can't see if it comes with any software, check before you buy.

STRATEGY

Apr 26, 2006
My guess would be, get Ableton Live. It is by far the best for audio manipulation IMHO. I don't like it for producing (I prefer FL Studio for that), but for mixing/manipulation of audio like you want to do, it's fucking dope.

I'd say get the AKAI 40 controller.

Mar 17, 2006
if you want to spend countless days on one song you can do it strictly with a wav editor of some sort.
Ha, about 10 years ago I was doing that in Acid. I got it down to four hours for one song :)

Besides taking hella time, that shit sucks any fun out of it, about halfway through you don't care if you finish and hate the song from hearing repetitive parts over and over.

STRATEGY