Free Preview of "Strange Music Box" from K.O.D.!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 5, 2008

"Tech came hard this week with a special, early glimpse at what K.O.D. has to offer. "Strange Music Box" (Feat. Krizz Kaliko and Brotha Lynch) (click here to listen) is the 5th track on the forth coming album, in stores 10-27-09. The tone of this song definitely fits the motif of Tech's newest conjurings - other songs to keep an ear out for are "Show Me A God" (watch video here) and "Leave Me Alone" (wait til you hear it!). "

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
Britton swinging by on the official tip. Nice, sir.

You should continue to utilize this little corner of the Strange Music world.

Sep 25, 2006
www.jsmitty.com
fuck...

his flow seems to get more ridiculous every album he puts out.

anyways, not feelin the hook much, or the beginning of kaliko's verse

track is legit overall tho
I feel the same way. I mean Tech's flow is awesome. It continues to get better. But these "wicked" tracks just aren't dark enough for me yet. I really hope I just haven't heard the dark shit yet.

Both hooks on this track and Show Me A God are very weak IMO. Usually the free unreleased tracks I get with the preorders are the ones with weak hooks. And I agree...usually Kali comes crazy hard. :(

Feb 9, 2006
Since they're market singles, I think they put out the lighter material first.
Exactly... I agree on the SMAG hook I aint reallin feelin but Strange Music Box I love the hook actually. Its simple, effective and catchy.

Im sure there are gonna be actual dark songs on here, but those are more for his current fans, he needs these up beat songs to attract new fans they are tryin to reach out to.

I am a fan of the darker Tormented/Psychos Body stuff but honestly what I would like more of anything is more of that Einstein/Im A Playa type shit. Just smackin hard ass beat with a deep solid flow. Those are my fav to hear. Strange Music Box is a step in that direction. I like it :cool:

Sep 25, 2006
www.jsmitty.com
yeah, im not really hearin darkness so far. the topic on "show me a god" is legit, but the sound definitely isnt dark

i was expecting the album to sound more like "Paint A Dark Picture"
Dude! I would kill for an album of that nature. Tech could retire and I wouldn't even cry if he just released an album like that. Cuz so far...KOD sounds like an angry Killer. The sugar has been coated just lil less on this one...just a lil :)

Jun 22, 2007
lol
this board sounds so emo sometimes

"Its not dark enough!!!! I need a better soundtrack to suicide to"
lol well he's right. SMAG, Like I Died, Strange Music Box, and In The Trunk are not dark sounding songs, Blackened The Sun has that kind of vibe but thats it so far. The beginning to Strange music box was eerie, but then it turned into a more upbeat type of beat.

Like I said in another thread, maybe Tech thinks of a "dark" album as dark lyrics and content, and not dark beats.

Sep 25, 2006
www.jsmitty.com
lol well he's right. SMAG, Like I Died, Strange Music Box, and In The Trunk are not dark sounding songs, Blackened The Sun has that kind of vibe but thats it so far. The beginning to Strange music box was eerie, but then it turned into a more upbeat type of beat.

Like I said in another thread, maybe Tech thinks of a "dark" album as dark lyrics and content, and not dark beats.
I think you might be right. Cuz the lyrics I've heard so far go hella hard...but they are placed over Matic Lee sounding beats (no offense Matic goes hella hard)...but the beats are upbeat and club sounding. It's like trying 2 do a love song over an Ice Cube instrumental. Doesn't work for me...the only time I've remotely enjoyed a dark song over a "non-dark" beat is "Same Song & Dance" by Em...Good idea...but these beats on KOD should stay on Killer...not on this new shit.

Gofer

Sicc OG
Sep 19, 2008
www.youtube.com
Here's the youtube version Strange Music released, has a little K.O.D. promo at the end. Im really enjoying this track, a part of Tech's first verse reminded me of skitzo Tech, like from his really old days. All of them came hard, I'm really pumped for K.O.D.!

Anyone else notice the pic of Tech at 4:13? This ish is going to be crazy!

Nov 7, 2006
ummm, if an artist said they were comin out with a gangsta rap album, and all the singles were club songs....i think it would be fair to question it

ill be sure to mention this in my suicide letter tho

:dead:
Yeah I know
I was just saying how it sounds emo the way we're here saying "comeon Tech, give us darkness"
I'm not dissing anybody, just poking fun cuz I want some dark stuff too