Freddie Gibbs Official Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 8, 2003
this album got that classic 90s gangsta rap feel to it. this nigga gibbs is something special to todays rap game honestly he the midwest tupac imo. too bad alot these lil niggas will sleep on him bc they riding futures and drake dick.

this song so fucking raw and he painting picture on this shit i can vision the story

he took it back with this line lol "BEFORE I SEEN A NIGGA CRY I SEEN A YOUNG NIGGA DIE/ OVER A GEORGETOWN STARTER JACKET AND SOME NEW JORDAN FIVES"

Last edited:

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
I was never the biggest Pac fan but I can hear the comparison for sure. This album is raw though. Gave it my first proper listen to last night and I know it will stay in rotation. I've been a fan of Gibbs for awhile and have liked more or less everything he has dropped but he really got into his groove on this one in my opinion.

Props: Darkshowdown
Apr 25, 2002
^^^^
yeah he's going ape shit lol

ESGN is a dope album but i wish he would have broken a little bread and gotten it professionally mixed and mastered. reminds me of when Yukmouth left RAL and started putting out his own solos - a lot of the tracks sound like Gibbs himself mixed them after reading a Pro Tools For Dummies book or some shit lol

other than the shitty sound quality, its a sick album for sure.

May 9, 2002
^^^^
yeah he's going ape shit lol

ESGN is a dope album but i wish he would have broken a little bread and gotten it professionally mixed and mastered. reminds me of when Yukmouth left RAL and started putting out his own solos - a lot of the tracks sound like Gibbs himself mixed them after reading a Pro Tools For Dummies book or some shit lol

other than the shitty sound quality, its a sick album for sure.
Was just gonna post this yesterday. Seriously, some of those songs sound awful in terms of mixing/mastering.