Former WWE star Brock Lesnar signs deal with K-1 (MMA)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
I was browsing Wikipedia for MMA related info. when I noticed this...

On April 28, 2006, Brock Lesnar suddenly appeared inside the ring after the final match of K-1 Hero's Las Vegas and has since signed a deal with the K-1/Hero's. It is anticipated his debut will be in Oct 2006 at Yokohama Arena. He is currently training with Miletich Fighting Systems under UFC legend Pat Miletich. Brock Lesnar announced on 12 August 2006 in Las Vegas that he has joined the K-1 promotion and will have his first Mixed martial arts match in 2007. Lesnar has been training for awhile now and MMA legend Royce Gracie announced that he will serve as Lesnar's trainer. Right now, Lesnar's first fight is scheduled for February for K-1's Hero's group
Souce:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brock_Lesnar#K-1_Hero.27s_.2F_Mixed_Martial_Arts

I don't know how good he will be but he is training with Miletich and Royce Gracie is going to be his trainer...should be interesting.

Apr 25, 2002
K1 heros is their mma events, not the standup wars the regular k1 bouts have. Im sure he will be training back n forth with the gracies and MFS. Hes one of the few wrestling entertainment crossovers that will have a successful career in MMA. He needs a lot more training preperation imo but im sure he'll face a few cans first before they throw him in with a reputable fighter.

Apr 25, 2002
YOUNGNUTT said:
ISN'T K1 MUY THAI???
I believe its Karate/kickboxing/kungfu. thus the name K1. Its traditional tournament format is standup combat without submissions. But K1 Heros has MMA rules which is where we'll be seeing Brock have most of his fights.

May 12, 2002
More than likely Brock will be part of the freak show circuit in Japan for awhile. Akebono,Sapp,Choi, will probably all be on his list. If he gets some credible wins, who knows what could happen.

WXS STOMP3R

SENIOR GANG MEMBER
Feb 27, 2006
BUT DOES HE HAVE ENOUGH HEART AND A GOOD CHIN? CAUSE MOTHERFUCKERS LIKE NOGUIERA AND HUNT HAVE LOTS OF HEART. WHEN THERE HURT THE MOST THEY RISE TO THE OCCASION.