For Those Of You That Hate On Drake...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 20, 2007
The Drake Conspiracy

http://www.allhiphop.com/stories/editorial/archive/2009/09/02/21921079.aspx

Yeah, that sounds like some real Skull and Bones bulls**t, right?

It probably is, but I'm telling you n****as, something is afoot (I always wanted to fucking say that - "afoot").

Drake was buzzing ridiculously before he actually signed his deal, but there was definitely an underlying invisible current moving things along. Somebody who decides their own f**king salary had also decided to make Drake the next household name.

Now, I don't want to take anything from the guy, he can rhyme. But I'm from Detroit, the home of eLZhi, Royce da 5' 9", GuiltySimpson, and Eminem. It takes a lot for any rapper/MC to impress me lyrically, and Drake hasn't done it yet.

Of course what I think makes no f***ing difference in the greater scheme of things because someone who is WAY above my pay grade is highly impressed by him and thinks he's the best thing since Blackberries.

Is this just grass roots marketing at its finest?

Are we watching the natural organic growth of the next Mega-Star? Did Bush know about the Towers before they fell? Was there really another shooter on the Grassy Knoll?

Who the f**k knows.
Goes to what I said in another thread, it feels like the industry chose him, and are banking on the degrassi fangirls to get him platinum sales

Nov 7, 2006
Goes to what I said in another thread, it feels like the industry chose him, and are banking on the degrassi fangirls to get him platinum sales
and it will work. i mean he may or maynot be nasty on the mic but you should see the crowd he attracts. i work at an fye and deal with it all day and it's all lil wayne wannabes and lil fucking girls. when you start ur rep like that then i feel ur doomed from the jump. lil wayne sucks IMO but atleast he started his rep the right way and still kinda holds it. this dude is meant to be the heartthrob of rap and thats just stupid.