for the hardcore rappers that sold out..

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
M

MrFreeze

TKO said:
Keepin' it gangsta and hardcore=chump change

Sellin' out and going mainstream=big bank

like wu-tang said CASH RULES EVERYTHING AROUND ME
id be a sellout for hella cash and my real homies would support me cuz theyd understand...1

May 2, 2002
TKO said:
Keepin' it gangsta and hardcore=chump change

Sellin' out and going mainstream=big bank

Do the arithmetic...if you want to sell a lot of units...you gotta make ur music universally accessible...something everyone can feel...some of the gangsta shit being dropped is so damn gangstafied....some people can't even relate with that shit...but, if you make music that people can relate to...then you got more of a chance of getting radio airplay and selling to the masses..

That shit...that Master P made for 99 Ways to Die is pennies compared to what he made on his No Limit South Projects...that boy made major skrill off that shit..even though 95% of it was garbage...but, his music was accessible and radio friendly..so sheeeeeeeet...he made out like a bandit..u dig?
not true. Dr. Dre "The Chronic" made him/death row a grip of money. His mainstream shit hasn't sold as much as that so how can you say that gangsta rap doesn't sell? You just have to have the right promotion. Most labels are scared to promote real hard core rap because of legal issues. For example when Ice-T dropped that single "Cop Killer" everyone started protesting against Time Warner. But see Death Row/Interscope took a chance on some hardcore shit and look what happened? Any type of music will be accepted as long as you have the right backing and radio play. People are playing the worst music but like it, know why? The radio pounds it into their head all day.

May 6, 2002
MrFreeze said:
to be honest i dont consider ice t to be a gangster or hard core rapper. his music gets no play from me, not to dis an original. i think if someone would pay ice t enough hed do a song with the backstreet boys. just my opinion...1
interesting, cuz the way i see it Ice T is hella hardcore. i dont listen to much of his music but i know that foo is gangsterous.

Wazup D, where you been at? damn tho, Snoop sold out to me big time, i am no longer a snoop fan. Just take a look at "Whats My Name" and then look at his recent shit, BIGG Difference, at least he's rich as fucc tho...

M

MrFreeze

ZoSicc said:

interesting, cuz the way i see it Ice T is hella hardcore. i dont listen to much of his music but i know that foo is gangsterous.
thats cuz the image he makes for himself. i think its just easy for people who are already rich to say theyd never sell out but when your broke you dont care and its all about the money. no matter how gangsta ice t is he would do a song with r. kelly in 2 seconds flat for $10million trust me so its just a matter of how much it would take for him to sellout.

Steve

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
Bayluv said:
Dr.Dre, Nas, Nelly, E-40, Master P, Snoop, Lil Bow Wow. Jermaine Dupree, Lurdacris, Warren G, Jay-Z, Puffy, Missy Elliot etc.

No Hate. Calling it like I see it.
These people didn't start out hardcore tho? Cept Nelly of course.....lol

May 8, 2002
www.myspace.com
ice - t og CRIP gangsta making hiz bread.

Fucc all the bullshit.. everyone got they hustle, people change their styles, but i say if you a g and came out a g then it is part of the street code to keep it gangsta

down

Apr 25, 2002
Shea you still sharkin' at pool ? My boy is in bakersfield all summer . . . if you wanna test your skills hit me up . . . dude is fuckin' amazing

C

CrazyKat

Ice T

I'll admitt Ice T is an OG but damn the nig is all about the loot. Any and all interviews he does he says the same thing. Its all a game. If they (meaning people who buy his shit) want a hardcore nigga then thats the image he's going to give them. I know ya'll not forgeting that "Body Count" shit. Come one now hard core gangsta rapper turns to heavy metal. Why? Cause he figured it was money to be made in that market. Why? Cause white teens buy most of the music being sold. Fuck the trying to get them to buy gangsta rap I'll just put some guy playing guitar behind my lyrics and call it heavy metal. Now he's doing the acting thing. Hell he's playing a cop on Law n Order and the brotha is good. But in the end its all about the loot. U betta recognize...

Kat