Football.Futbol.Soccer - 2009-2010

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Mike Manson

Still Livin'
Apr 16, 2005
They just announced that Ballack won't play! Nothing to worry about imo...

But Boateng (the older one) who played for Germany all his life till he got kicked out for being late before the U21 WC, will play for Ghana now (country where his father is from) and they will play Germany. Ballack said it looked like Kevin injured him on purpose.

Gonna be an interesting game though. Jerome Boateng against his half brother Kevin.

dali

Sicc OG
Feb 28, 2006
I'm a little more pessimistic. Those are definitely bad news for us. Ballack may have surpassed his prime, but we didn't only lose a solid 6er, but also our captain. There's a lot more to a WC than the 90 minutes on the field, off the field can be just as important for the team's spirit and chemistry. Besides, we were just about to play with a double 6er with Ballack and Schweinsteiger, which would have been a great backup for a very offensive midfield with Özil, Kroos, and Marin. All the players you mentioned may be faster and younger, but most of them lack experience and you can't win a WC without at least some experienced players.

We have some busy and dubious weeks ahead of us. And fuck the Boatengs. Both seem to have a serious anger management problem, which can really harm a team in the long run. If you don't fit, you can be the best player in the world and still make a team worse with your brainless antics.

NAMO

Sicc OG
Apr 11, 2009
Well, he is only good because of his experience. I'd rather let Schweinsteiger, Aogo, Jansen, Marin, and Oezil play. Maybe even Kroos.
cmon Mike, Ballack is a massive loss. One he is the captain, two he is a great player and three he has experience.

Germany missed him in 2002 final, the game would of been different IMHO if he had played.

Mike Manson

Still Livin'
Apr 16, 2005
and I'm suprised Frings wasn't called up, is he injured?
I can't stand Frings. Now alotta peeps in Germany say we should take Frings, but I hope we won't. Fuck him.

In 94 we had a experienced team...didn't help much, cause we played like shit. I'd give the young ones a chance.

There are different possibilities. We can play with Podolski, Schweinsteiger, Khedira, Mueller and Oezil in the Midfield. We have enough players who have experience who would match up good with the younger ones...

dali

Sicc OG
Feb 28, 2006
Good shit mike...that Boateng article kinda shed some light, too.
Jerome is a very promising player to me, but he still seems to have an anger/dicipline problem. He got a couple of yellow cards, which weren't necessary. I think it was against Fulham where he made that kamikaze tackling (i know he played the ball) and could have seriously harmed his opponent. He got a yellow card for this, but it could have been Red with a different referee. What we really don't need to do is weaken our own team with reckless actions like that during the WC, especially not our defense. Once he get's a little more level headed he will be a great addition to the team, though, i agree. His physicality is very solid, to say the least.

Mike Manson

Still Livin'
Apr 16, 2005
I thought Boateng is playing for Ghana??
Kevin-Prince Boateng will play for Ghana, cause he thinks he got treated bad by the German National Team, and I guess that is his way of saying fuck you...
His half brother Jerome Boateng will play for Germany. They both played for all the German youth teams their whole life.

NAMO

Sicc OG
Apr 11, 2009
Kevin-Prince Boateng will play for Ghana, cause he thinks he got treated bad by the German National Team, and I guess that is his way of saying fuck you...
His half brother Jerome Boateng will play for Germany. They both played for all the German youth teams their whole life.
treated bad by Low in particular?

I think alot of these players are like princesses, soft as cotton wool all emotional earning in a week what the normal person does in a year.

I have a cure for this problems, 2 table spoons of cement each day to harden the fuck up.

Mike Manson

Still Livin'
Apr 16, 2005
treated bad by Low in particular?

I think alot of these players are like princesses, soft as cotton wool all emotional earning in a week what the normal person does in a year.

I have a cure for this problems, 2 table spoons of cement each day to harden the fuck up.
He played in the German U21. And he was labeled the most talented German player of his generation. But he has a problem with authorities and discipline. Shortly before the U21 World Championship he was late a couple times and some other shit happened, so that the team decided, that they cannot trust him and he was kicked off the team. Germany then went on to win the championship with his brother. He never got over that I guess.
It's still not sure though if he can play for Ghana, because of his "German past".