FOHI

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 23, 2002
a lot of people slept/still sleep on them, even tho they split up for business reasons, they still one of the tightest groups to drop some shit out of KC.

who else felt what they was comin' wit ?

Aug 18, 2002
yeah dog..what u know about FOHI....the first album was tight as hell with my man Marlo on the music...but ever since then its been downhill from what I've heard. Holla Back. ..(Livin so scandously..Smashin all through KC)

Sep 23, 2002
lol@what do i know.

the first cd 'smashin' is classic ! i just went thru and pulled that shit out last night and 'evil mind' is still the tightest cut off that shit. IMO

and back in '99 i heard the 2nd album they was supposed to drop but didnt. i heard it from one of my partnas whos a member of the group

Aug 18, 2002
who do u know? cuz my partna Marlon Jackson did all the music for the first one, by the way Evil Mind is a tight ass cut, but I have the second one also and it ain't shit compared to the self titled. Maybe cuz Marlo didn't have anything to do with it I don't know but it doesn't have too much musical influence....more of punchin on machines but its not horrible just doesn't sound like classic Bornasaplaya type material.

Sep 23, 2002
NINE1TREY said:
who do u know?
i know all of them but mainly jai and young fas from the group. i heard it from jai

and i agree, the 2nd one shits on the first one. one of the tightest tracks on it was the solo cut from jai wit ol girl on the hook. and the beats came tighter on the 2nd one

Aug 18, 2002
maybe we talkin about a different group because the first one puts the second to shame.....you talkin about AD, Chi,etc. cuz I know a dude named Jai a tall skinny cat who said he had a CD but not FOHI unless they got new members??

Sep 23, 2002
lol, naw thats one of they real names, he my peoples. i know chi too and ad. i dont know which cd you say you heard cuz not too many heard the one i'm talkin' about. the second one never happened, it was made but never got the final touches put on it. and it didnt get out cuz of what happened to the group. only a few of them had a copy of it but it wasnt finalized, the copy i heard was chi's but the homie had it since he didnt have his copy on him, and he was touchin' up beats when i came thru.

the first one had some tight beats and the production was cooh, coulda been better. i think it was put together better on the second cd. IMO but the first is classic. every beat knocked my speakers proper

Aug 18, 2002
from what I know, correct if I'm wrong but the FIRST one has songs titled Gansta Shit, Smashin, Bornasaplaya, Evil Mind & Cyclone right?

And the second ones tracklist had shit like this
MINEFIELD
TALKIN SHIT
CODEBLUE 2
YOUNG&AMBICIOUS
DOPE FEINDS mp3 3.81MB mp3 | real
MIND ON YO CHIPS mp3 4.13MB mp3 | real

Sep 23, 2002
naw, no need to correct you, you got it right. we just got a difference in opinion on which one we feelin the most, lol. but yeah those tracks on the first one are right

evil mind ( had that nigga chi singin the hook )
smashin ( had that nigga fas on the hook sayin "smashin man" )
and bornasaplaya is another one of my favorites from that shit. that track is filthy
cyclone tight too.

i just think some of tracks on the second one had better sound quality than the 'smashin' album.

i dont know about the tracklist to the 2nd one tho cuz its been a while (3 years) since i heard that shit and last i checked, it didnt get dropped. correct me on that if im wrong??

but from some of the names you dropped i can say that these 3 sound familiar cuz i remember them :

talkin shit ( one of the tracks that stood out to me more )
mind on yo chips ( that one was tight too )
minefield ( sounds familiar but i cant call it, its been too long )

but one of the tracks i think was called 'home again' or maybe it was gonna be listed under a different title on the cd. but i know on the hook theres a female singin, and the beat is evil as fuck and the homie was spittin slow on it. thats the one i remember most since thats my favorite track on it

and when i heard it, it was on a personal copy from one of them. i didnt get a chance to look at the cd and he said it wasnt mastered but i thought it was close enough.

and yeah, this is the cover for the first cd :

Sep 23, 2002
lol. its funny that not too many people from KC know about them tho. last i checked you could still pick up the 'smashin' cd at a lot of places all over the city. and i'd recommend it, its a classic

Sep 23, 2002
Re: Yo Pinche

^^ yeah, they came wit some heat.

NINE1TREY said:
just ta let ya know the second album that I was talkin about is titled "Independent Investments"
good shit. i havent talked to the homie in a minute. last i heard was that it wasnt gonna be put out since the group broke up. do you know if its ever gonna drop or if they still gonna hold onto it?