FMR Really Nice Preamp

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 24, 2005
soundcloud.com
I'm on the verge of purchasing this preamp, has anyone messed with one? I'm going to buy it to record my classical guitar and vocals. My firebox has crappy preamps, I have to push the gain up way high and it makes it sound really bad.

Apr 12, 2005
www.freeloadmp3.com
I have not, but i have heard some good things about it, and from what Ive heard it seems to be a good value at that price range. I personally like Universal Audio pre-amps, even though so many people in rap are stuck with using the avalon. Another thing is what kind of music do you do? because most studios have multiple Mic pre amps for different applications and sounds.

Feb 2, 2006
on tweakheadz website they say its raw and i generally trust audio nerds like that. i wouldnt mind using it.

these days i want my music in best quality possible though i only do home recordings for pre production but you can be suprised once a song gets mixed.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
http://www.fmraudio.com/RNP8380.htm

Heres their web link to the unit, I like their straight forwardness. they even point the negititive aspects of the unit out. 500 bucks ain't bad for a 2 channel class A pre, thats just their MSRP it would probably go for less on a gear website.