Floyd Jr: "I Set Them Up, Pacquiao Knocks Them Down"

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 24, 2005
By Mark Vester

Floyd Mayweather Jr. during a recent interview with media outlet Bossip, said that he sets the fighters up and Manny Pacquiao knocks them down. Mayweather is trying to downplay two of Pacquiao's biggest wins, Ricky Hatton and Oscar De La Hoya. He says the damage he caused to both, set them up for Pacquiao to put them down. Mayweather returns on September 19 against Juan Manuel Marquez.

"I set up the spares and Pacquiao just comes along and knocks in the last pins. Hatton was undefeated when I beat him, and if you know anything about boxing then you know that after you get your ass kicked like I beat Hatton’s, you are pretty much tainted meat. Then everybody talks about Oscar being over the hill. Hell, Bossip, I was in my 30’s when we fought, just like him," Mayweather said.

And during the interview, Mayweather tried to make a case on why he was a better fighter than ring legend Muhammad Ali.

"We are from different eras. Muhammad was the greatest of his time, but people forget he lost to Leon Spinks in Spinks’ 8th bout, or something like that. We are two different fighters in two different eras, but I have never lost a fight and have grossed the most ever as a boxer," Mayweather said.

Arson

Long live the KING!!!!
May 7, 2002
I agree with floyd on the pacquiao shit but he can't compare his self to ali ali fought the best of his era
and ali would whoop his ass, what people mean by best ever is put ali in the ring with anybody, and he walks out, thats what "greatest" means.