FLASH

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 2, 2003
I was just wonderin what the best flash program is to create flash projects. Right now I am working with Macromedia Flash MX. Also I was wondering if anyone on the boards knows how to use flash real good. What I'm tryin to do is make a media player for my website....but not luck on that! I was just wondering if someone could hook it up with a media player or a tutorial on how to. Any feedback is greatly appreciated!

Thanks

Sep 5, 2003
Yea i heard swish is tight, but the macromedia flash mx, I heard that shit is hella advanced, I have it, and im taking classes to learn it right now, so far its good,i'm just startin, but my homie said its advanced, but for people that wanna create tight shit....

May 1, 2003
Swish is cool. Flash Mx is better. In Flash Mx you don't exactly put a media player in your projects. When you are working on a project, you import the audio file into the library.(File/import to library/browse for file)Once it's in the library, you then create a button and add actions to it. Actions are basically instructions that will be carried out when the user clicks the button. For example, playing a certain audiofile or movie clip. If you don't understand what I am talking about, follow the tutorials in the help files. You HAVE TO DO THEM. it's a silly project, but it helps a lot....or...go here.... http://www.kirupa.com and do thier tutorials.
they have basic and advanced shit...but I highly recommend that you do the tutorials in the help files and fully understand what you have accomplished in the end...or www.kirupa.com won't be of much help.

May 1, 2003
Action Script will become your best friend in Flash Mx. If you want to have video and more advanced applications you can use Macromedia Director Mx....but unless you are using video... director mx would be overkill.

Jul 7, 2002
actually with flash mx 2004 you can do more shit with video, it even has builtin flash controls for video.

the only hting i recommend Blaise is to take a programming class, and then learn actionscript...then u'll be able to do more interaction shit.

here something i did CLICK HERE

btw that not me.

May 1, 2003
I just upgraged to Flash Mx 2004...I noticed that a lot of the action script related task in Mx have been automated in 2004 Professional. Haven't fucked with the video yet, but I will.
@ Blaise ... there is a tutorial at Kirupa that will teach you how to create a soundbar like nefar559 did. You really don't have to know that much about action script. There are a lot of sites where you can cut and paste your actions.