first it was.............

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 8, 2002
Mel Martinez to the cabinate

then it was Mel Martinez to the Senate

then it was Alberto Gonzalez as the Attorney General

and now Carlos Gutierrez to the Cabinate replacing Don Evens

when was the last time the "so-called" party for minorites appointed so many "minorities" to high level cabinate postions?????

Mel Martinez, Carlos Gutierrez, Alberto Gonzalez, Margaret Chow, Condaleeza Rice, Colin Powell, Rod Paige, Rosario Marin, Miguel Estrada, Janice Brown

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
and so what, is this supposed to be a congratulatory action? "We gots all KINDS of spics, chinks, jungle bunnies, u name it, workin for us!"

I officially grant everyone to hate white people. Beat me up, i deserve it. this is exactly, in MY OPINION, why this would make your party look bad, promoting and patronizing people in this manner. U make it sound as if it was strictly for an image, and not what these people stand for.

cant u see? its all a fucking plot. More latinos and blacks voted for Bush this year than in 2000, albeit for whatever reasons. (im sure people have their own). Now, this party is trying to "recruit" and "promote" these people into office to make it look like they are so sympathetic to minorities. Theyre doing it so they can continue to look like the "nice guys" and get re-elected, and to get the minority vote.

Anyone with any logic would realize that they truly dont give a fuck about minorities. I cant believe they got as many votes as they did from minorities, but hey, its all about "moral values" anyway.

*shakes head* moral values...what a fucking joke. This country has never been more to the right.

May 18, 2002
i don't think we should look to the few who've made it and take it as an indication that minorities as a whole have made it, because they are only a few examples. Is it a step in the right direction, even IF it's only a facade, and not for the right reasons? Maybe, but only if people realize that this does not mean that minorites as a whole have made it, or that it is indicative that total equality has been found.

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
DubbC415 said:
moral values=christian/religious values.

I bet that's what would be descriped and that is FUCKING PATHETIC. This country is full of sheep, we need more freethinkers and people that actually use their brain...

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
^^^its true though...and it absolutely disgusts me that christianity has become so intertwined with our government.

Its like, even Kerry said that yes, he was a catholic, and abortion went against his "PERSONAL" religious beliefs, but as president, he wouldnt let his beliefs interfere with his governmental actions. Bush's entire mantra, everything he does, is centered around his religious beliefs...keywords HIS.

Jul 10, 2002
^^^^
Wow, all you named are rich as f**k corporate wads, they still don't give a iShhh about anyone w/ less than 6 figures...

Jan 9, 2004
2-0-Sixx said:
Even slave owners had negroes do the whipping.

@ 2 0 6 = LMAO!!!

You know, I dont believe anyone but conservative whites think these appointments are a big deal. Few Latino think these appointments mean anything in their daily lives.

May 8, 2002
Jomodo said:
^^^^
Wow, all you named are rich as f**k corporate wads, they still don't give a iShhh about anyone w/ less than 6 figures...

Mcleanhatch said:
Carlos Gutierrez,--worked his way up the ladder at Kellogs with his first job as a truck driver in Mexico delivering cereal.

Alberto Gonzalez,---son of immigrants from Mexico

Colin Powell--son of immigrants from Jamaica

Rod Paige,---cant remember exactly but i think he grew up in the poor part of Houston Texas

Condi Rice,--- got her BA at age 19, masters at 20 and PhD at 22 in Colorado

Rosario Marin,---actual immigrant from Mexico

Miguel Estrada,---actuall immigrant from hunduras

Janice Brown--daughter of a cotton co-op farmer in Alabama[/COLOR]
^^^ they those people were definatley born into money. who dare we think of them as a success story.

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
^^^and so what? that doesnt make it right...lol...look, we've all been through this. u just proved my point. people voted for him NOT because of what he DID but because of his "MORAL VALUES" aka his "Christian beliefs". That DOES NOT MAKE IT OK.

yeah, obviously the average American will vote for someone who believes that they have the same beliefs as them...these are the people who are more concerned about GAY MARRIAGE and ABORTION, then the FUCKING WAR IN IRAQ.