Finally got my Mackie UAD-1 working

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

BIG J

Sicc OG
Apr 26, 2002
It's sounds soooooo Clean! It was worth my money for the 1176LN and the LA2A alone. My kicks and bass come out much cleaner, with a lot more punch to 'em.
I'm never fuckin' with stock plug-ins ever again!
I highly reccomend this product!

G-3

Jul 16, 2002
Big J,

Good lookin on the post up. I've been thinking about grabbing one of those myself. Just curious, how do you like the sound on vocals?

Peace,

G3

BIG J

Sicc OG
Apr 26, 2002
So far it's pretty clean, but I want use it on some fresh tracks, I have someone comin' in in the next couple of days. I did a little tweaking on some older vocal tracks, they came out really thick, without too much compression . This weekend I'm havin' a buddy of mine drop some guitar riffs, so I'll be able to mess with the Nigel. I post up about how it goes

mo-x

Sicc OG
May 4, 2002
www.unknownterritoryrecords.com
Yeah I still can't decide on the PowerCore or the UAD-1 yet... I keep leaning more towards the UAD-1 everyday... but I want the cleanest sounding of the two... I think I might have to do a comparison test... I hear the LA-2A on the UAD-1 is better than the PowerCore, clarity wise.

BIG J

Sicc OG
Apr 26, 2002
I had him record some guitars direct through my Tube Pre Amp, then I used the Nigel Amp Modeler that came with the UAD-1. It came out sounding Real Nice.
The LA-2A IS super Clean same with the 1176LN.
The UAD-1 is definitely worth the money, it's cheaper than the Powercore. They ae both compatible with eachother so you can have both cards runnning if you decided to get the other card later on.
I personally haven't used the Powercore, I know you can buy native versions of the Powercore's plug-ins.
I am totally satisfied with my purchase. the plug-ins have been working flawlessly considering i'm using the Beta Version(Final version for OSX releases Dec. 18th)

mo-x

Sicc OG
May 4, 2002
www.unknownterritoryrecords.com
I had the opportunity to use the UAD-1 today... and the LA-2A is now my new friend... that compressor is FILTHY. Very clean like you were saying... I haven't made up my mind yet about the 1176LN... I was getting some punchy vocals with it but that was really my bad... there were some passages where the vocals spiked and natrually I should have edited those but I wanted to see how each compressor funtioned. But after I do a proper mix, I'm sure each compressor will sound even more better... we all know compressors do there jobs better when the vocals are more even. I'm a little disappointed that the Cambridge EQ doesn't come with the UAD-1 for $599... but yea, the UAD-1 is the shit.