Fillmore Slim Movie Starring.....

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 8, 2008
http://allhiphop.com/stories/news/archive/2011/09/15/22881681.aspx

Snoop Dogg to Star in Biopic About "The Pope of Pimping," Fillmore Slim
Thursday, September 15, 2011 8:33 PM | 1 comments
By JP DelaCuesta
Meebo Share Button AHH IconGet Alerts
(AllHipHop News) Rapper and actor Snoop Dogg will be portraying legendary blues guitarist and “the pope of pimping,” Fillmore Slim in a biopic that will be released by Ames Universal and SRI Entertainment in late 2012 titled "The Legend of Fillmore Slim."

Aside from a number of smaller film and TV projects he has worked on, this will be Snoop’s first major movie role since 2005’s "The Tenants," which he starred in with Dylan McDermott.

Hawthorne James will direct the film from a script written by co-producer Alan Ames and Carole Parker.

"The Legend of Fillmore Slim" is currently in the pre-production stage and is set to begin filming in March.

When asked about the film, co-producer Ames explained, “This film will span decades, from Slim’s emergence as a musician, to his fascination with the fast life, through his years of incarceration and his redemption.”

Fillmore Slim is a blues singer and guitar player who was also a “highly renowned pimp” in San Francisco during the 1960’s and 70’s.

During his early musical career he opened for B.B. King and Dinah Washington and even had a short relationship with legendary singer Etta James.

Eventually, the pimping game took hold of Fillmore and he became one of the most prolific and talked about pimps in the country employing between 8,000 and 9,000 prostitutes.

After a return to music in the 1980’s while he was still pimping, Fillmore was incarcerated for five years.

He took this time to enhance his skills, and upon his release, he decided to focus solely on music. The 76-year-old legend has put out five albums since his release from prison and is still recording music today.

Nov 20, 2005
I remember reading The Source magazine years ago and they had an article about Snoop and it mentioned how he resembled Fillmore Slim and what if that was his pops. kinda random but thought i'd mention it. Either way glad to see this is being made, Hopefully it goes mainstream.

Sep 22, 2008
On Bossen up you could tell snoop was around some real P'z with how he played the role, so I think him spending some time with Fillmoe Slim & soaking up Izm & seeing what he was about should help........

Apr 7, 2006
Also from wut I heard - Quinn introduced Fillmore Slim to Snoop so I hope he at least gets a part.. or feature on the soundtrack or sumthin

Mar 11, 2006
for some reason i would like to really see Giancarlo Esposito play him i dont know how it might work cuz hes older now but i think it would be great to have him if he was younger