File Some Claims, Get Up To $62.50

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 25, 2005
LOL you cheapskates are funny. We had a scam in highschool (no I'm not a 90's baby)where you try to call a long distance number from a payphone and then insist you had already put 8 bucks worth of quarters in the phone. They wouldn't connect you but would cut a check for the amount... I got to the point where I had to change my last name slightly because they had cut so many checks to me. I think I got at least $200 from that one. The other one is calling the 1-800 number on the back of doritos or whatever candy bar whatever you got and complain about the quality. They send you coupons for free shit.

Man you 90's babies got it easy, with all these class action suits, etc.

We used to figure out ways to bust up vending machines, including cutting a dollar in half and putting tape on it so we could put it in and pull it out and still register a dollar in the machine. We had saline solution to spray in the dollar slots to short the machines. We used to unplug them and try to short them to get free shit.

Now 90's babies just sign up for a website and get everything handed to them, no hustle necessary.

Feb 2, 2006
the easiest hustle of all was paper food stamps. i remember people buying booze and cancer sticks and other non food shit with them. i would find like $50 worth and head to the library to make copies of them. there were no barcodes on them shits so u could copy them whenever u wanted to. nobody at the stores ever checked if the paper stamps were real or not. fools was tradin them for some reggie bush herb. think the going rate was $2 in stamps for $1 in weed

Props: Snakegang

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
LOL you cheapskates are funny. We had a scam in highschool (no I'm not a 90's baby)where you try to call a long distance number from a payphone and then insist you had already put 8 bucks worth of quarters in the phone. They wouldn't connect you but would cut a check for the amount... I got to the point where I had to change my last name slightly because they had cut so many checks to me. I think I got at least $200 from that one. The other one is calling the 1-800 number on the back of doritos or whatever candy bar whatever you got and complain about the quality. They send you coupons for free shit.

Man you 90's babies got it easy, with all these class action suits, etc.

We used to figure out ways to bust up vending machines, including cutting a dollar in half and putting tape on it so we could put it in and pull it out and still register a dollar in the machine. We had saline solution to spray in the dollar slots to short the machines. We used to unplug them and try to short them to get free shit.

Now 90's babies just sign up for a website and get everything handed to them, no hustle necessary.
Umm, okay?

Feb 2, 2006
Cargill Agrees to $5M Truvia Class Action Settlement Over 'Natural' Claims

Cargill Inc. has agreed to settle a proposed class action lawsuit alleging it misled consumers into believing its Truvia stevia sweetener is “natural,” even though the main ingredients are “highly processed” and/or derived from GMOs.

In a motion filed September 19, plaintiffs Molly Martin and Lauren Barry asked the Court to preliminary approve the proposed Truvia class action settlement, which will pay out $5 million in cash and vouchers to consumers who purchased certain Truvia products.

Consumers covered by the Truvia class action settlement will include those who purchased 40-count and 80-count packages of Truvia Natural Sweetener packets, and any sizes of the Truvia Natural Sweetener spoonable jars and baking blends, since July 1, 2008.

Under the proposed class action settlement agreement, Class Members will be eligible to claim a cash refund or voucher based on the amount of money they paid for Truvia products during the Class Period. For example, consumers who spent $72.00 or more, or who purchased 12 or more Truvia products, can claim a $72 cash refund or vouchers valued at $120. Consumers who purchased between 1 to 2 Truvia products, or spent less than $18, will be able to claim a $10 cash refund or $18 in vouchers.

Despite agreeing to the class action settlement, Cargill does not admit any liability and says it “continues to deny that its marketing, advertising, and/or labeling of [Truvia] is false, deceptive, or misleading to consumers or violates any legal requirement.”

Cargill is facing a similar class action lawsuit that was filed in July by Hawaii plaintiff Denise Howerton. Cargill filed a motion to stay the proceedings on Howerton v. Cargill until the Court decides the current case.

A Preliminary Approval Hearing is set for October 23, 2013.

The Truvia False Advertising Class Action Lawsuit is Martin, et al. v. Cargill Inc., Case No. 13-cv-2563, U.S. District Court of Minnesota.

http://www.topclassactions.com/lawsuit-settlements/lawsuit-news/4985-cargill-agrees-to-5m-truvia-class-action-settlement-over-natural-claims

Nov 1, 2004
I still complain to companies & restaurants & get free shit all the time.
this really does work with some big companies. A group and I had a legitimately awful experience at yard house san jose a few months ago and I wrote a bad yelp review. Yardhouse responded to me and gave me $100 giftcard. Still havent used it yet but Im hoping go there soon and use it all on beer with da homies.

Props: [-KoRp$-]559