File Converting Help Needed....

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 3, 2006
www.myspace.com
I need to change a songs format from MP3 to WAV but whenever I do that Windows Media Player doesnt read the song and I can't burn it. Can anyone tell me how I can burn it? A good program to use? OR I can keep it MP3 but the kh(or whatever) has to be 196 instead of 92. Any help?

yee

Sicc OG
Oct 1, 2005
go to downloads.com you'll probably find a converter there, why you converting a MP3 to a WAVE doesnt MP3 format sound better?

Wold

Sicc OG
Apr 12, 2005
With FL, i can make a MP3 into a wave file but you can't burn it on to Cd. for the most part i only make an MP3 into a wave if i'm cuting up a loop i get form a song or something like that.

Apr 25, 2002
Ok, here's the deal man...

MP3 is a type of compression. You lose quality every time you encode a source .wav into an mp3 no matter what your encoder settings are. Once the source audio has been encoded, the audio data it threw out is gone and there's no way to ever get it back. No, converting an MP3 will not increase the quality in any way. Neither will converting from a lower bitrate to a higher bitrate. You can't convert say 44.1khz audio to 48khz and somehow it magically improves the quality. Not happening.

Audio CD's use something called Redbook specification. Redbook audio is 44.1khz, 2 channel (ie: stereo), 16-bit audio. Redbook stores the audio data in .wav format so yes you can burn .wav's as an audio CD as long as they follow the Redbook specification. As a matter of fact, they have to.

If you want to burn an MP3 to an audio CD then it must be converted into a 44.1khz, stereo, 16-bit .wav file first. Programs that let you 'burn mp3's to cd' just do this on the fly.

That should clear everything up.