Fear

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 1, 2007
1.What Is FEAR?
2.How To Fight It?

Do You Think U Can Control You Fear, Some Say It Is An Illness, Tupac Said It Is Stronger Than Love,Some Say If You Fight The Fear Itself, There´s Nothing You Could Be Afraid Of.Some A Dem Seh Dis, Some A Dem Seh Dat.What Yall Think About?In Every Aspect Psychologically,etc.

Drop Ya Thoughts.

Stealth

May 8, 2002
Fear is the brain's reaction to an external stimulus. I forget what area of the brain, the amygdala or something. Its been a few years.

If you want to get rid of fear, you cut that part of the brain out.

Dead serious. Fear is just your mind's response. If you touch fire and don't get burned, you'll touch it again. If you touch fire and get burned, that pain is registered in that part of the brain. Next time u see fire, you're reminded of the pain, and you're too scared to touch it.

Y-S

Sicc OG
Dec 10, 2005
Stealth said:
Fear is the brain's reaction to an external stimulus. I forget what area of the brain, the amygdala or something. Its been a few years.

Dead serious. Fear is just your mind's response. If you touch fire and don't get burned, you'll touch it again. If you touch fire and get burned, that pain is registered in that part of the brain. Next time u see fire, you're reminded of the pain, and you're too scared to touch it.
Well said, do you suggest the principle of surgery in order to do this?

Dec 8, 2005
fear is a safety mechanism for the body. like pain. read about fight or flight. the problem is other people can manipulate your feelings of fear to control you. ie. most religions take advantage of the fear of death. politicians take advantage of "terrorism". Police through capital punishment. your mother when you were little by threatening to whoop your ass.

Stealth

May 8, 2002
Y-S said:
Well said, do you suggest the principle of surgery in order to do this?
I suggest surgically created lesions. Or I suggest that people train themselves to process external stimuli in a way that they don't associate anything with fear. Like Steven Segal.

Mar 14, 2006
east bay
JLMACN said:
I like the way the father from Apacolypto (sp?) explained fear...

He said it was a disease spreads through people.

I like the way that sounds, and I agree with this statement.
Of course you can tell your self to not be afraid or to not fear something, but that doesnt always work so fear could be considered as a disease.

Jul 1, 2007
very good answers ppl.
:D i see what are u tryin to say but i think if you dont let fear get you down u "cut that part of the brain" too.fear produces more fear, fear paralizes you and makes you a coward.and 98% of the shit u imagine when ur scared to do something (fight, etc.) is fantasy of scared brain.on the real nothing bad will heppen.fear is like bad thought.

check wayne d. dyer´s book(s) where he talks about fear.

Jan 1, 2006
There are a lot of different types of fears. You can be scared of simple things like the dark, while others are scared of their boss or getting into trouble.

A fear of the repercussions is more scarier than any other fear people have.

The fact that we are not in control is what scares people the most

There's no way to fight it other than having patience and understanding

May 1, 2003
Extreme heights and Rattle Snakes give me the willies.

Especially Rattle Snakes...I come across at least 2 every snake season @ Mission trails. Other snakes are cool though.

May 1, 2003
DiTopShotta said:
what about fear before u go to/start to fight?
There shouldn't be any fear when it comes to this.

Now the possibility of some one being a sore loser and pulling out a pistol or one of his homeboys doing the same...may be something to think about....lol

Stealth

May 8, 2002
Fear before a fight is what causes an adrenaline rush. You get more strength and you don't feel pain. On the other hand, your mind races and you can't produce rational thoughts. In a lot of ways, this kind of fear is an adapation necessary for survival. Those who produced an adrenaline rush in response to some kind of fear were more likely to survive. In today's day and age, since we aren't living in the woods or anything like that, it can be argued that it isn't as necessary anymore.

It just depends on your fighting style...if you wanna be a berzerker or if you want to be calm enough to react to your opponent. If you want to be a berzerker, fear might be a really useful tool to prepare your body to fight.

Sometimes having no fear can really hurt your chances of survival. Cats that had their amygdala cut out of their brains are more likely to walk into a fire and burn to death.