Favorite (non-rap) albums of the year?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
yeah,its gift of gab and chief xcel...they are from cali. make some dope shit,doesnt sound like anything or anybody else. blazing arrow is an older album. the recently dropped an album called "the craft" that is dope. cant go wrong with any of their shit though. original underground cali hip hop at its finest

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Two albums that I don't know how in the hell I forgot...

Wolf Parade - Apologies to the Queen Mary - Great album from this group from Montreal. Issac Brock from Modest Mouse produced the album.

Editors - The Back Room - This cd is amazing. I can listen to every song front to back. If you are a fan of Joy Division and Interpol check them out.

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
A few I forgot too...

The Mars Volta- Frances the Mute.
Idiot Pilot- Strange We Should Meet Here
Armor For Sleep- What To do When You're Dead
Bloc Party- Silent Alarm
Circa Survive- Juturna
The Fall of Troy- Doppleganger

Aug 18, 2002
Can't Believe Nobody Said Beck!?!

Beck - Guero
The White Stripes - Get Behind Me Satan
Jack Johnson - In Between Dreams
Coldplay - X&Y
Franz Ferdinand - Could Have Said It So Much Better
Jamie Cullum - Catching Tales
System of a Down - Mesmerize/Hypnotize
311 - Don't Tread On Me
Matisyahu - Live At Stubb's
Damian Marley - Welcome To Jamrock
Veda - Weight of An Empty Room

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
B-Buzz said:
Idiot Pilot- Strange We Should Meet Here
This came out in 2004. Great album though. *edit* I think the re-release came out in 2005.

This is the cover to the one I got that droped in 2004...is it the same cover as yours Buzz?

Some more albums that I really liked...

Shiping News - Flies the Fields

Nightmare of You - Nightmare of You

British Sea Power - Open Season

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - B-sides and Rarities (old material but fuck it...it came out this year)

Cut City - Cut City

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
Nuttkase said:
This came out in 2004. Great album though. *edit* I think the re-release came out in 2005.

This is the cover to the one I got that droped in 2004...is it the same cover as yours Buzz?

Some more albums that I really liked...

Shiping News - Flies the Fields

Nightmare of You - Nightmare of You

British Sea Power - Open Season

Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - B-sides and Rarities (old material but fuck it...it came out this year)

Cut City - Cut City
Ya man, I checked the release date before I posted cuz I wasnt sure, it said 2005. Must have the rerelease. Mine has the </Strange We Should....> shit on the cover.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
It's cool Buzz. I was tripping at first because I was thinking I know I have had that album for almost two years...but I wasn't sure lol. They are supposed to be droping a remix album for Strange We Should Meet Here this year. I hope maybe a new album too...but they are touring Europe right now so who knows.

Nuttkace

B-Buzz

lenbiasyayo
Oct 21, 2002
bhibago
last.fm
Well Mike (I think Mike, the dude that screams) got a vocal chord infection or some shit so they cancelled the UK tour... Hopefully they'll get to the album sooner now... Aye brother, you need to check out The Receiving End of Sirens. You'll love their album.