Favorite Keys to make your music in

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 24, 2005
soundcloud.com
I guess for us diatonic peeps, atonals can kick rocks.

I never thought about having a favorite key, but lately I've realized I work best in E major. I think it's because I play guitar, but also because I can sing well in it. I'm not sure I guess I can sing well in other keys too but E major just feels like home.

I always thought that all keys were the same because they have the same intervals and step patterns, I mean, really, what would make someone choose D over C, I can understand why on a guitar but for other reasons, I wouldn't know.

Let's discuss??

Sep 24, 2005
soundcloud.com
lol....qwerty.

Well, I mean, D minor was deemed the "saddest" key. But at the same time, is it really any different from A minor? C minor?

But yeah i use D minor and E major exclusively, once you tune the low E string down to D, you can get a much fuller sound if you play in D or D minor.

Mar 21, 2007
www.com
lol....qwerty.

Well, I mean, D minor was deemed the "saddest" key. But at the same time, is it really any different from A minor? C minor?

But yeah i use D minor and E major exclusively, once you tune the low E string down to D, you can get a much fuller sound if you play in D or D minor.
i feel that it is, it just sounds different.. there is just something about it

i guess you would still have a song but it is nice,

maybe it just sounds fuller to you because you are able to hear that key better than others?