favorite "beat-em up" game ?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 21, 2005
yea these games were all the same... but they were fun and addicting all the same. my list :

double dragon (nes/gb) - killed multiple roadtrips goin thru this on my gb

Spiderman and Venom in "maximum carnage" (snes) - one of the only early spidey games that i remember didnt suck

Captain Commando (snes) - classic fuckin game

TMNT: Turtles in Time (snes) - at the time i was a huge fan, so it was one of my favs

Streets of Rage 1 & 2 (genesis) - dope

Golden Axe (genesis) - not as good as SoR but still fun

Battletoads and Double Dragon (snes) - one of my fav co-op games

there are probably dozens more ... but these are all i can remember from my childhood at the top of my head. i will add more later

Jan 19, 2006
fuck there are SO many

there was a game on the neogeo way back that let you change who you played as each level and you could choose to play as any previous boss you beat...

T.C

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2003
X-Men (the coin-op)
TMNT (coin-op)
Streets of Rage
Final Fight
Narc
The Punisher (coin-op)
Aliens (coin-op)

Sep 1, 2003
haha i remembe jackin final fight for snes an shitload other cartridges.....an then sellin all that stolen shit to funcoland

yall got em all....final fight was prolly the best...an double dragon

man those were the days....

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
tmnt arcade, x-men arcade, battletoads nes, contra nes & snes, river city ransom for nes....that game was the shit, you beat up people and take their money to buy shit

Nov 21, 2005
Final Fight 1 (arcade) - cuz you couldnt play co-op on the console version, which took away the whole fucking point if you ask me

Final fight 2 (snes)

Iron Man and WarMachine in "Heavy Metal" (PS) - cant believe i forgot this game... this shit had me hooked when i first got my ps

Ninja Gaiden 1 (nes) - arguably (sp?) the hardest fucking game on NES... those gay ass time limits.. difficult bosses... plus if you die you gotta start waaaaay back at the beginning of the level

Alien Vs Predator (arcade + snes) - forgot about this one.. loved the arcade version... wasted plenty of quarters on it

maan im even gonna list the simpson arcade game.... i use to smash on mr smithers with Marge's vaccuum

and yall listed some of my other favs too... but theres so much other ones that im forgetting about... ah the days of good ol 2D sidescrolling ass-kickin :)

Mar 14, 2006
for reals though, i gotta take it back to the arcades. remember that illegal bootleg streetfighter 2 championship edition? pressing start during fights would change your character. no 2 second wait to do special moves. you could jump repeatedly as high as you wanted to. this version leveled out all the players like no other official version ever has. the game was fast as fuck and a hit in every neighborhood liquor store that supported arcade games. that xmen v. sf2 bullshit tried imitating this but it was weak. the industry was forced to make hyper street fighter 2, but it wasn't the same.

i'm gonna own that shit someday and put it in my garage. all challengers are welcome.

Jan 19, 2006
jose g.r. said:
for reals though, i gotta take it back to the arcades. remember that illegal bootleg streetfighter 2 championship edition? pressing start during fights would change your character. no 2 second wait to do special moves. you could jump repeatedly as high as you wanted to. this version leveled out all the players like no other official version ever has. the game was fast as fuck and a hit in every neighborhood liquor store that supported arcade games. that xmen v. sf2 bullshit tried imitating this but it was weak. the industry was forced to make hyper street fighter 2, but it wasn't the same.

i'm gonna own that shit someday and put it in my garage. all challengers are welcome.

I'm game... I wasted like 300$ on that hacked version (rainbow edition)