Favorite album (Seattle bands)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Which album is your favorite?

• Pearl Jam - Ten

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Alice In Chains - Dirt

Votes: 11 68.8%
  • Nirvana - Nevermind

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Soundgarden - Superunknown

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
Mar 18, 2003
I was going to ask which was your favorite band out of Seattle, but that might prove to be too difficult of a question. And since I was going to base my vote on which band produced the best album, I figure it would serve as the better question. During the 90's Seattle produced some of thee best bands/music in the world. Truely a great time for music.

For me it was Pearl Jam (Ten).

It's really the only album they had the was great IMO but I liked it more than any album put out by the other bands listed. Of course, they are all GREAT. Also it's possible that the provided album wasn't your favorite from the band, and if that's the case, then just but just switch them up.

I know Nirvana wasn't technically from Seattle, but close enough.

Mar 18, 2003
Another question I meant to ask with this thread: is there a good documentary about Seattle grunge rock in the 90's, with these bands serving as the centerpiece? Thanks.

DNI

Sicc OG
May 5, 2002
alive in the superunknown
first it steals your mind
and then it steals your....... soooouuuuull!

May 15, 2002
Dirt is just brilliant to me. I consider it and Superunknown as a couple of the greatest albums of all time. Not a fan of Pearl Jam (hate Eddie Vedder's vocals), and Nirvana is wonderful, but I can only listen to them for short periods.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Dirt for sure with Nevermind being a close second in my opinion. I love Superuknown and Ten too though. Ten is really the only Pearl Jam album I like all the way through and then random songs by them here and there after that.

Also I personally think Tad's 8-Way Santa is up there with these albums for sure. It's a shame such a great album, and band, get so overlooked when talking about 90s Seattle music.

Mar 5, 2006
Another question I meant to ask with this thread: is there a good documentary about Seattle grunge rock in the 90's, with these bands serving as the centerpiece? Thanks.
id like to see that too. These are the 4 bands i can still constantly listen to everyday. It sucks we have to go back to the 90s to hear good music.. o well at least we have it!

infinity

( o )( o )
May 4, 2005
UOENO, CA
i wasnt old enough to really know about these albums & the only one ive heard is nevermind (love it) so my vote is biased. i remember when we got our first computer around 95 and there was an alice in chains music video on one the accompanying discs along with some shitty pga tour '96 game lol

Mar 18, 2003
Perhaps not, but I could have went about this in many ways. When I was in Junior High I owned the album "Ten" and thought it was the greatest thing on earth. I recorded all the videos on MTV and listened to it every chance I had. Basically, it had the biggest influence and impact on me growing up. AIC is a band with much more matured and seasoned style of music, which is why, when looking at it now, it's easy to say they are the better band (and Dirt being the better album). And I would probably agree with that.

Ten is really the only Pearl Jam album I like all the way through and then random songs by them here and there after that.
Definitely. I can remember few songs outside of that album that I really liked. Which is weird because when you're a kid you really don't have the same type of expectations for music as you do now, and I still couldn't get into any of their other works.