Fate/Unlimited Codes - My Craptastic Attempt at a Review

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Dead Blue

Smokin Bud
Nov 14, 2008
CALIFORNIA

Today I finally played the new Fate fighting game brought to us by Type-Moon and Capcom. In short it's fucking awesome! I love it! It's kind of like Melty Blood meets Soul Calibur.

If you're a type-moon fan at all then this won't dissapoint. They tried to pack as much into this game. It comes with Arcade, VS, Practice, Tutorial, Mission, Extras, Hell it even has a Watch mode. I hear theres 5 console only charachters too.

While the game has a 3D apperance it plays alot like Melty Blood without air dashes. It has the same button setup ABC+D and it works the same way. A=Weak B=Medium C=Strong with D being reflect. If you press ABC together it also goes into an activation mode similiar to MB's heat mode. It even heals you the same way Melty does however much quicker. It seems that the D button also works as some sort of cancel but I haven't really figured that part out yet. You can dash, throw, throw break, and side step as well.

The graphics look great but if you're not familiar with the anime or the other Fate games than the charachter designs may look a little bland. If you are familiar then you'll quickly recognize they did a great job of capturing the charachters perfectly. The backgrounds are nice and there is alot of room for battle. Even though the arenas are 3D a form of corner still exists for abusable combos. Each of the charachter has atleast 2 color palets to choose from and I'm going to asusme that more can be unlocked. I know that Saber comes with an alternate costum unlocked by default so I would imagine alternate costumes aren't limited to just her.

Now onto the important part GAMEPLAY! This game is fun. There is something about it that just draws you into the battles right away. It's not as fast as Guilty Gear or Melty Blood but it leaves Soul Calibur and Tekken in the dust. The first charachter I picked was Saber and I was blown away at how much like the anime she played. The first time I pulled off her Holy Grail 236236+C Excalibur super it brought forth a huge ammount of joy. Even more so when I saw the insane ammount of damage it did. (like 80% of a health bar) After playing around with Saber for a while I also tried Rider & Gilgamesh. Both charachers were fun to play as and Gilgamesh seems like a power house. They even included his wall of 100 swords or 1000 swords or however many attack. Plus once you do it you can continue raining swords from the wall even after the initial super attack.

Anyway this was suppost to be a kind of review. The soundtrack is good as well. You can buy the game here: http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-a120-71-40-49-en-84-j-70-2wom.html

R

Sicc OG
Dec 7, 2005
The first time I pulled off her Holy Grail 236236+C Excalibur super it brought forth a huge ammount of joy.
Replace the words 'Holy Grail 236236+C Excalibur super' with the word 'G-String' and this shit makes a lot more sense.