Family Guy Appr.

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 18, 2003
I know there are a ton of drama series out there, some of which are outstanding. But look, i dont follow any of them. When I get home from work I put it on Family Guy without fail. I think I've seen every episode ever made and it never gets old. This show is GENIUS. IMO the best show on television.

Discuss.

infinity

( o )( o )
May 4, 2005
UOENO, CA
i remember watching the pilot back in '99 when i was 13 - i believe it aired after the super bowl. ive seen every single episode since then and im still a fan. at this point american dad amuses me more - especially roger, but i like both and will to continue to watch.

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
i like family guy a lot, seen every episode, a lot of them multiple times. but the show pisses me off a lot of the time. not because its bad taste or whatever but because seth macfarlane himself and his tastes come through the show like way waaayyyy too much. its like every other joke is some obscure 80s pop culture reference that only he thought was cool or a whole episode will turn into some fuckin show-tune singing bullshit just cause the guy loves that shit. you can tell he absolutely loves the sound of his voice too when he does his character tom tucker and radio announcers and shit, or is talking as brian. other than that its a hilarious show. and i dont know if what im saying is even valid, how much control he has over the show or whatever, it just seems like im watching "the seth macfarlane show" sometime rather than a cartoon. i think carter pewterschmidt is one of his best characters, and joe is fuckin hilarious too, the guy that does his voice is that guy who played elaines on-off again boyfriend in seinfeld

i like american dad but roger can be pretty over-bearing sometimes. and it seems like they try way too hard with the fish sometime. also no one gives a shit about haley or steve, its all about stan. stan is fuckin hilarious lol. id rank it like:
Stan Episodes (god tier)
Roger Episodes
Francine Episodes
Steve Episodes
Claude Episodes
Haley Episodes (shit tier)

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
one of my favorite episodes is the one with quagmires sister and her abusive boyfriend

and that one where brians trying to be quagmires friend but keeps fucking it up

hahaha. man too many good episodes to pick one favorite

Apr 25, 2002
Houston
The first two volumes of Family Guy were absolutely hilarious, mainly because there were so many random flashback jokes. I couldn't tell you which episode one of those random flashback jokes was in. It seemed like those episodes focused more on the random flashback jokes and the newer episodes seem to focus more on a story over the entire episode. But I still love the show and end up turning on the reruns frequently if there is nothing else on. I'll watch a Family Guy rerun over a South Park rerun even though I like South Park more.

I think my favorite Family Guy flashback joke was in the episode where Peter secedes his house from the United States and forms his own country. His whole family decides to leave except for Brian and Peter thanks Brian for sticking with him and Brian says, "I've stuck with you through worse." Then it flashes back to Peter and Brian riding a ferris wheel and Peter is on fire screaming and Brian is just sitting there watching him with a bored look on his face. That always cracks me up.

Nov 7, 2006
nowhere near best show on TV but when there's nothing on i always tune in and watch it. probably havent scene them all especially the newer ones but i love seasons 1-3 and then i kinda grew out of it. i'd prefer watching East Bound and Down over this for comedy. also never got a chance to get into American Dad but the couple episodes i've scene i enjoyed.

Nov 8, 2007
When they throw random shit in its the best! Catches you off guard and funny as fuck. Ex: when they randomly threw in the flinstones on "cops" or when they talked about micheal j fox spilling wine!

Mar 18, 2003
I honestly cannot say enough about the show. I think IF you get the humor, it's non-stop laughs. Each and every character is awesome in there own way and the level of creativity that goes into each one amazes me. It's funny cause I used to hate this show and thought it was stupid. It was out of sheer boredom and nothing being on that I would tune in and watch it, and it didn't take very long before I was addicted. To the point where I'd have like 2 hours over 3 channels lined up on a nightly basis. I just have trouble comitting to any of the drama's out there and so I watch shows that are not dependant on the former or latter episode.

A lot of people--especially those who have been watching it for a long time--say the newer seasons aren't very good. IMO the show has never faultered. I think the reason why I feel this way is cause I only started watching it a couple years ago and when I would watch 2-4 episode a night they would be spread out over different seasons. I mean you can tell the old from the new by the animation, but I think the show is brilliant from start to finish. One thing is certain, I HATE Meg's voice before Kunis started doing it.

As for American Dad - I don't like it. The alien bugs me and I can't help but think they were trying way too hard to create another Brian and just went overboard. If Family Guy wasn't programmed after it I would never watch it.

Apr 25, 2002
This show pretty much sucks. I thought it wasn't bad before it moved back to Fox from Toonnetwork.

Jumped the shark when Stewie went from trying to take over the world and kill his mom to being super gay.