Fallout: New Vegas

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 19, 2008
San Diego
Yeah the radscorpions and cazadores will fuck you up early on. My advice to you would just forget trying to get Easy Pete to give you his explosives. Just start the fight, kill the powder gangers, and get your XP up.

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
nah breh, theres mags you can find in the vicinity to get the explosive talk to coax easy ass pete to shoot them to you...

google fallout new vegas wiki, it will be your lifesaver

Jun 11, 2004
The beginning is tough when u have low stats. There's a lot of enemies that will fuck u up in the wilderness. Stick to the roads early on. Eventually tho with better weapons and a few perks u will rape most enemies.

Apr 2, 2010
Anyone else think they readjusted the stats different from 3? If you luck is high (9+) you get a critical hit like 20%+ of the time, in 3 it was rare. Sometimes you'll even get 3 in a row..

Has anyone tried some of the mods on PC at Moddb?

Apr 2, 2010
Yep^ If you sneak and get a critical with grenades/dynomite they are FUCKED..one fun thing to try is to chuck 2 of them as fast as you can and double the damage lol

Mines really slow down the deathclaws too, just like in fallout 3..

Explosives all the way man..

Oct 19, 2008
San Diego
I don't really level up my explosives. My guns skill is 100. I snipe a lot. If you sneak and aim for the head you get a high critical hit, usually a 1 shot kill. My energy weapons and melee skills are lower than the rest. Unarmed is good for the power fists.

Jun 11, 2004
nope just got through itso what are the most useless skills that dont really need points so far im thinkin melee weapons and unarmed i havent really leveled up energy guns either
I would recommend putting a lot of points in speech. The earlier the better, especially if u intend to follow the main story. Also choose either science or lock pick and raise one pretty high (65 so that by using a magazine you can have a temporary level of 75 allowing you to pick/hack "hard" lock/computer). Lots of shit is hidden behind locked doors that can either be picked or unlocked by a computer. As far as the rest of the skills just decide what weapons u want to use most

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
dont waste money on them, and thats the town i was talking about in the longthread i think..theres a shop with two guys, brothers, one of them makes passports i think

Apr 2, 2010
lol Lurkers are fun to kill, that wave attack kills me in one hit but I rushed like 7 of them head on with just a 9mm and took 3 out I felt like a beast..

One time I got a headshot and they did a perfect cartwheel, landed on his feet again then leaned to the side I should of recorded the shit lol.

Jun 11, 2004
My dude now is a unarmed melee stealth ninja BEAST. I be sneaking up behind deathclaws and exploding their heads with one punch. I still gotta get the stealth suit tho.

The next dlc looks kinda boring to me. I was hoping for another sweet location like Zion but it looks like more of the same drab wasteland buildings and shit

fillyacup

Rest In Free SoCo
Sep 27, 2004
Only thing that i noticed about the stealth suit is you only get it near the end.

how does stealth work? if there is a crew of deathclaws wont one see you? i never did anything stealth because it seemed stupid, but now that you mention that seeems pretty dope