falling off/hype

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 6, 2004
Raided has been one of my favorite artists for the last 10 or so years... real chop, 10 years.

I've fallowed his career, I've disected his lyrics with a fine toothed comb, and I consider myself to be a loyal fan.

but....

When do you draw the line, and give the lable of "fallen off"? How many bunk albums? How much recycled material? In my opinion: Vengance is Mine was the last fire X dropped. Since then i've heard a few different mix's and comps of his hits and what not, Sac-a-Indo, and a few new cuts hear and there. But for the most part, nothing tight in a few years.

His knew shit is being hyped up pretty hard. Unforgiven 2; the name alone sets a standered. I would hate to say that if this album doesn't live up to it, what would? If this "album of his life" doesn't hack it, would he just chock a loss, sit on his lyrics, wait untill he's free and find a quallity producer?

Raided himself: forever unfuckwitable. That's well known. from his mindstate to his dimeanor. But when it comes to the music industry, I hate to say it, but I think ol' boy hasn't made the best decisions. We all saw Ced fuck over BMR. We all watched Madman/Gangway go under. And i've heard nothing but wack production since the lable has been in his hands.

Haters hold you breath, I understand and apreciate that ol' boy doesnt want wack production, and he does his best from his situation... but if what that means is wasting golden lyrics on trashy Hollis beats, than I'd rather not see them butchered. Why not completely sit on all of it untill it's right?

Loki: thank you for all the hard work, time, and effort you have put into bringing X to us. But by all means, I've heard your albums, and I wouldnt want to hear raided on those beats.

One Drop, E-A-Ski, Tone Capone, Rick Rock, Don Juan, The Neptunes for god sakes... can I get some production, or what?

I guess in short, all I'm saying is that I'd hate for U.2 to flop, because if it does, I don't know how he'll bring it back.

Call me: thank you, as well, for doing all you can to bring X to us, but on the reall... fuck the hype.

May 19, 2005
myspace.com
Damn nigga you sound like you gave up on X-Loc already! Raideds lyrics will always be on point because he's bless'd wit that talent, by also myself being in prison before, it is hard to get shit handle'd from a cell. Real Talk. I feel everything you sayin homie but if you aint gon have faith in Raided and douting and shit " Then We Aint Gon Miss You " homeboy, and thats real chop loc.

HYPE THAT UP CUZ !!

May 4, 2005
" But by all means, I've heard your albums, and I wouldnt want to hear raided on those beats"

i can understand where your comin from... but more than a few of those beats would have suited raided , in my opinion a hell of a lot better than a rick rock beat.. i couldnt imagine raided on 'jellysickle'

cause i said so , none to die for , high life... on the old one
diamonds on my windshield , good riddance , self portrait ... on the new one

those beats would have sounded perfect with raided... especially that self portait track

Sep 23, 2004
ROMP WHAT IT IS CUZZO??? I''L ALWAYS FEEL RAIDED JUST OFF THE LYRICS. I'LL BLOCK OUT THE WEAK BEAT IN MY HEAD IF ITS GOTTA BE LIKE THAT....BUT WHYS IT GOTTA BE LIKE THAT??? IM SURE THERES A MILLION LIL DJ TYPE DUDES OUT THERE SITTIN ON SOME FUNKY SLAPS THAT WOULD LOVE TO DONATE THEM TO X-LOC. SEEMS TO ME LIKE SOME PEOPLE ARE GONNA HAVE TO THINK OUTSIDE OF THE BOX IN ORDER TO MAKE THIS SHIT CRACK FORREAL CUZ THOSE 1993 SACTOWN BEATS JUST AINT CUTTIN IT NO MORE.
ANYWAYS ROMP HIT ME ON THE PM WITH YOUR NEW ADDRESS I GOT SOME SHIT TO MAIL TO U.

Jun 21, 2004
Nah, I feel what he's sayin. The point is, #1 -- I don't hype nothin up; U.2 will speak for itself. You all ASKED the question, so I told you what was real. #2, nobody will have to worry about the beats for Unforgiven 2.

As for Ced fucking up BMR, and Madman going under... Listen to what you're saying. Why you think you haven't heard any new X-Raided? Sit on it until it's RIGHT... what you think has been happening? That's the very REASON you hear so much recycled X. You don't get new product out there quickly, the old stuff gets recycled and remixed... it's gonna happen.

But, yo... I'm not only interested in hearing props. If you got a question or an opinion, this is a good place to post it. I give a fuck if someone likes the answers I give or not, but that's on them. I just refuse to hate on someone because they're concerned about some damn beats! It's all good in here... feel?! Calihitter... at ease, loc! (lol)

Sep 23, 2004
YO CALL ME.... I CAME UP WITH A NICE LIL IDEA TO RAISE MONEY FOPR X'S LAWYER FUND.... GET IN CONTACT WITH THE THIZZ CAMP AND PUT TOGETHER A X-LOC AND MAC DRE CD...... THAT SHOULD HELP RAISE ABOUT A BILLION.... JUST A THOUGHT

Sep 13, 2004
omg, how the fucc you gon say hollis is a bad producer, that sac a indo was bumpin, lets hear yur beats homie, i bet you got a gang of beats that are tighter than holis beats, just drop a link, i wanna hear yur knoccin beats, and how the fucc u gon say that it would be tight to have no sac producers on his hit, you named some bay cats and some eastsiders, thats all tight, but that would COMPLETELY fucc the sound, thats like puttin lynch on a swollen members beat and callin it tight, you got some screws loose or sumthin

Oct 14, 2004
No Mac Dre and X-Loc cd, we dont even know if X and Mac Dre were boys to that extent. Thats like that faggot Eminem trying to put out Pacs cd. I bet pac wouldnt even be down with that conball. Hollis is okay on beats. Sac-A-Indo was pretty weak save for about 2-3 songs. X falling off no I think his lyrics are way better now then they used to be. Damn you all got me going nostalgic, remembering bumping Psycho Active with my ex-girl from back in like 99 hahah damn.

Mar 13, 2005
Man, I feel you for speaking your mind, but i disagree. "The city of kings".OMG is that tight. "Meet ya maker", now that beat is real tight..with a great classic raided flow. I love some of the songs on X-ology that I never heard before. I really cant compare Raided to Jay-z or anything else, because Raided songs are kind of like Pac songs to me. There not songs that get played out in a summer..they live on forever. I could picture Raided on different beats, maby a little like triple six mafia (beats)on a couple tracks?

Apr 6, 2004
X Raided and Mac Dre were cool. X said that Dreveous helped him out with some things in the making of Xorcist, and for that he respected him. Mac Dre was a few years older than X, and had laced him game I guess. Loc said something like that.

Apr 16, 2004
www.soundclick.com
well fuck man, the guy IS in jail. it's pretty hard to come consistently sick when you don't even have access to a studio. no other artist has ever come out with more albums behind bars then raided so i can't say he fell off because most fools in his position would have vanished where x was 13 years ago. and being in jail im sure he has a lot of other issues on his mind besides rappi in his life.

that's why i consider raided probably one the best rappers ever, because he hasn't been in a studio in over a decade and has put out over 10 albums where he flows sick on all of them. so no, he never fell off and he never will.

Apr 25, 2002
www.youtube.com
I see his point though, Look at the Lynch By Inch album. That shit was hyped to be the next SOS. It was hyped for like 4 or 5 years. Peeps were just thinkin it was gonna be off some darkroom style beats. But what we got was far from it. Some piano style wack ass beats lol. I think he tryin to imply he dont want this to happen with the new shit for raided.

Apr 6, 2004
aridan3at said:
Yeah I can see what you mean but its all about the lyrics!!
I heard this freestyle rhyme once- "A real MC can ripped the mic to Nything"
MC2thangs (or whatever his name is) said that on Mac Dre's album Young Black Brotha.