Faith.....

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

eMDe

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
I was raised catholic.... the older i got the more i questioned the bible....

Now for any STRONG christion/catholic (i.e. HERESY) i have a question....

Do you belive all that is writen in the old testoment or do ou take it as metaphors to help you live your life? Is it meant to be factual??
Once again i am not the most knowledgeable when it comes to religion.... but i still have read through alot of the bible and such while incarcerated.... it provides streangth.... but as i become more intelligent it seems I loose faith all togiether....

are these to be taken literally?

- The theory of creation by GOD (as described in the Old Test.)
- ADAM and EVE
- NOAH'S ARK

Apr 25, 2002
i was baptised catholic but i dont follow it so i realy aint catholic,im spiritual,i believe in god,dont believe in churches,dont believe in religion,there all bullshit....

i cant talk on every religion(even tho there all bullshit) but catholic i can speak on,there all under one faith but each church has different rules,how the fuck did that happen?
i went thru a situation with baptising my daughter that made me lose respect for every catholic church in stockton,except 1 because "they were real" about it....

tho the bibles good to read,its kind of like reading a Nostrudaumus (sp?) book or listening to a 2pac album,every body takes it a different way,they pick up these "hidden" messages and interpert (sp?) the shit in there own way....

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
emde whats crackin???? emde im NOT achristian or catholic. i am a "follower of the way". i live SIMPLICITY and i know YESHUA is the son of YHWH and YHWH manifested himself through YESHUA.

no tithes. no doing this or that. you can wear whatever clothes you want. you can do what is HOLY.

1.love GOD with all your heart

2.love your neighbor as YOURSELF

all of the commandments hang on these two principles.

they will be SIMPLE to grasp IF your spirit is OPEN and in tune.
if not it will fall on deaf ears.

Do you belive all that is writen in the old testoment or do ou take it as metaphors to help you live your life? Is it meant to be factual??
no i take it as literal. what is to be taken as a metaphor will be written as such.

i believe EVERYTHING in the bible. all or nothing. when you STUDY the language (hebrew) you will see what is to be taken literal and what isnt. the bible is basically 2 things. HISTORY and PROPHECY.

but i still have read through alot of the bible and such while incarcerated.... it provides streangth.... but as i become more intelligent it seems I loose faith all togiether....
emde when you were locked up it provided stregnth for you. now that you are free you go back to how you were before. you have no become more intelligent.

emde you are the seed that fell on the rock......when the sun rose your roots are scorched.

here you go. in case you dont have any bible on hand. this will explain what i am saying.
http://www.shofar.org/shalom/8711_sower.htm
are these to be taken literally? - The theory of creation by GOD (as described in the Old Test.)
- ADAM and EVE
- NOAH'S ARK
yes. do you take YESHUA (JESUS) literally? what did he say about noah and adam?????

@foul mouth the reason they take it a different way is because MANY are called FEW are chosen..........................the HOLY SPIRIT teaches ALL things. allow the holy spirit to teach and GOD will be revealed. even then you still wont FULLY comprehend the concept/identity of GOD.

some people have never been in god and god in them. its hard to describe. its like a ONENESS or completetion. i get it but it only lasts for a minute or so. its very hard to describe. its like i am ENLIGHTENED with the knowledge of god. like who he is what he does how he is etc etc etc. the feeling is actually addictive.

now that i look back i wasnt sent on this site to network. i was sent ot this sight for the sick. to call my fellow sinners to repentance. to proclaim the name of YHWH and exalt YESHUA. by the blessings of him some have turned. some have hard hearts. some have repented and believe. they know who they are.

heresy

ps ty shea. ty very much.

eMDe

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
well....

i can't belive that a women was made from the rib of a man.... the only way i could find any belife in the christion/catholic religion is if it were taken as metaphors for something "greater" than we humans would be able to grasp.... but then again the bible was written by man.

I guess my knowledge of science threw high school is what makes me loose belife in the scriptures. I suppose this is why only a few decades ago science was not taught in religious (private) schools....

If men have nipples that means that we are a 2nd version of the women species.... well if i remember correctly we are all created women until the Y cromozome is added..

I wish I could be a follower.... follower of a religion and belive what im told to, but i can't. I think too hard... question too much.

Now that i think of it there are dates qouted in the old testoment so it is to be taken literally.... In any case the bible does give good guidlines on how to make the general public better people and give guidlines on how to live life.... religion is a good thing.... just maybe not right for me.
For instance....
my mother is VERY religious. A VERY strong catholic. I refuse to talk about any of my "doubts" in the religion around her. Without her religion she might go crazy... and i have had to check my younger brother becasue he raised doubt in her mind and i had never seen her so fragile (my mother is a VERY STRONG person)
in no way am i trying to make anyone else loose faith... but i just find it IMPOSSIBLE to belive scriptures in the old testoment UNLESS they are ment to be metaphors.

ALSO....
If i remember correctly i read that after the flood of noah's ark the entire population of earth was then repleanished from Noah and his daughters having sex... is my memory correct?

now if this was a metaphor from the dinasours being extinct and the surviving particles creating the animals that now roam the earth that might be belivable. But i cant belive that the ENTIRE earthwas repleanished by a ship load of animals and a family....

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
i can't belive that a women was made from the rib of a man.... the only way i could find any belife in the christion/catholic religion is if it were taken as metaphors for something "greater" than we humans would be able to grasp.... but then again the bible was written by man.
listen to what you are saying. it doesnt make sense.

i can't belive that a women was made from the rib of a man
so if you believe that a GOD exists you think that this is impossible???????

if you say things i am GOING to question it. so here look at this:
but then again the bible was written by man.
what man/woman or men/women wrote the bible? where were they located? when they did they write it? how did they die? what race were they?????? if you cant answer this why make the statement that "MAN WROTE THE BIBLE"?

what was your reason for making this thread anyway???????

I wish I could be a follower.... follower of a religion and belive what im told to, but i can't. I think too hard... question too much.
1.i follow NO RELIGION

2.i believe what i want to believe (after researching it and questioning it.)

3.you think to hard???????? LMAO!!!!!!!!! that has to be the most .......naw forget it. moving on.

Now that i think of it there are dates qouted in the old testoment so it is to be taken literally.... In any case the bible does give good guidlines on how to make the general public better people and give guidlines on how to live life.... religion is a good thing.... just maybe not right for me.
religion isnt "RIGHT" for ANYONE. lol@making teh general public be better people!!!!!!! lmao!!!!!! what world are you living in??????

but i just find it IMPOSSIBLE to belive scriptures in the old testoment UNLESS they are ment to be metaphors.

emde can you answer some questions for me:

1.have you read the torah?

2.can you read hebrew?

3.are you familiar with masculine and feminine hebrew words?

4.do you understand metaphors?????

if you answered ***NO*** to ANY of those questions how can you say its impossible to believe the old testament????

YOU HAVENT STUDIED THE OLD TESTAMENT!!!!!!!!

heresy

May 5, 2002
"@snub just curious......what studies have you done regarding the bible? can you speak hebrew or latin? have you tried to learn greek? just curious..........."

why would I want to? should I also read the koran and every other religious book of stories. I'm sure they got great messages but as far as looking at them to explain why I am here I'll leave that to the gullible. You can come up with a buncha excuses to discredit evolution but you accept that a woman was created from a rib because some book tells you? I don't get it, I guess you just rely heavily on faith...

eMDe

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
Allright heresy.... i know how you love to analyze posts....

HERESY said:
what was your reason for making this thread anyway???????
simply to see if the old testoment is to be taken literally.... becasue PERSONALLY i find some of it hard to belive

HERESY said:
religion isnt "RIGHT" for ANYONE. lol@making teh general public be better people!!!!!!! lmao!!!!!!
You're right, that was worded wrong I should have said "it is good to have certain guidlines to live by" and religion often provides those guidlines.
HERESY said:
if you answered ***NO*** to ANY of those questions how can you say its impossible to believe the old testament????
because they are my belifes. i am not saying it is hard for anyone else to belive or that it should or shouldn't be. I can say that becasue tehy are my personal belifes.

And you are right... i tried to keep all the statements in a personal view becasue without the knowledge of studying the religion i cant say taht anything is untrue in the bible... all i can say is my own personal opinion.
none of this was meant to be taken as "against" the religion, only to shed some light on other's belifes.

May 3, 2002
Damn, Shea you and Heresy seem to have a grip on your religious beliefs, I'm struggling with that shit cause its like you cant win for nothing.

I want to be a good christian but I dont even know how to begin.