FAHRENHEIT INSTRUMANIA

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 26, 2002
nudeteen1.com
BBB & Instrumania

www.rasputinmusic.com got both of them, they'll both ship in about a day.

I personally thought these were his weaker projects. I know DE takes a while to grow on you cuz I've been bumpin his shit since Southbound, and i'm hoping they do, but as of yet, I only like a couple, probably 4 cuts off of BBB, and only one cut, the last one, on Instrumania.

Take a listen folks, either the hype for these has ruined the way I've listened to them, or it's just not there for me yet. I've given DE months to grow on me before, I shall try again.....

May 8, 2002
T-Spoon said:
^^^damn, ya'll scarin me from coppin that ish. anybody else aint feelin it, post it. fold.
THE BIG BLACK BAT is tight as fuck! DE dont know how to let folks down. I just wanted to know about Fahenheit Instrumania.....bout to flip that shit tomorrow!

May 9, 2002
I seen that shit (Instrurmia) at the local tower records on the souf side....I was going to get it, because I know it would be hard to find if I didn't get it, but fuck it...Ill get it someday along with the big black bat

S

Stack The D.E.

As of now, I haven't listened to BBB for more than 10 minutes, it hasn't grown on me yet, but that the way all DE cds are for me, especially Damn That D.E.! And now I think Damn That DE! is one of the top 5 cd's that exist...

We'll see though...

May 8, 2002
MISSION COMPLETE!

Finaly flipped "Fahreheit Instrumania" 2 days ago.

Tone Dog Review:
This album is DE's most different of all. 4 of the 5 tracks are him singing. He came more like D'Angelo with a Sade type style. Shit sound pretty tight but only The DE can get away with. I like this album because I grew up listening to Soul & R&B (even moms was like "who's that". This is an album that shows DE's singing ability and will bring more ladies to his concerts (That I can Swoops on) But on the reals this mutha fucka is off the hook! If you a DE Fan then Add it to your Collection!

Track List.....
37 Minutes of Instrumental Orbit of The Planet

1. All Ova Da Place (high energy type song)
2. The Bully Car (Istrumenal)
3. Takin' The Train (DE ANGELO)
4. Asian Princess (DE ANGELO)
5. Focus Happy ( DE Sade)

Starring:
Shlumpulicious Poohman Ms. Laniak
The Jester The Ovaseea The Attraction

Found that shit at Rasputens!

Apr 25, 2002
"Shlumpulicious! Me? No You. Me? No You."

Instrumania IS TIGHT!!!

To me its like Herrbie Hancock's Headhunters, mixed with some Roger Troutman funkyness, a sprinkle of Miho Hatori, and that DE Planet Z Sci-Fi Wasabi that just takes it to another realm.

Its defiantly one of those albums(very few like this mind you) where you can turn off all the lights in the place and just sit back and get lost in the music.

It’s impossible to stay still when "All Ova Da Place" is on. My feet are tappin and my head is bobbin all over the place when that track is on. Good way to open up an album. Carrots should like this one, its like Dragon ball Z meets Planet Z. Hahaha if that’s possible. It might jus be me, but if I was one of those marketing people that do those car commercials with the group of people riddin around listenin to funky music as they sing and dance all funny, I’d use this song. It would fit perfect, it sounds better than the crap they choose, and it’d put DE on the map. It’s a head bobbin foot tappin cut.

"The Bully Car" has that real jazz feeling to it. And bein an armature jazz fan I feel it. Andre Rivers works some magic on the ivory keys.

That Roger Troutman funkyness I mentioned really comes out on "Takin' the Train". I found myself waiting for the talk box to come in singing somewhere. Shlumpulicious & Ms. Laniak's voices go really well together on this track. Sounds like DE's got a new vocal partner. (Duet album? I don't know but its somethin to consider)

"Asian Princess" is real smooth and light. Gives you that floating along with the music kinda feel.

"Focus Happy" I gotta go with TONE DOG THE 01 and agree it’s got a Sade type feel, but I also get this Erika Badu type feel from it too. But DE style so its totally unique, its jus those are the closest musically I can compare it to.

This was a dope album. Though I’m sure a lot of people on this site won't feel it. It’s too “different” “He said DE you’ll ever go Plat you’re too abstract, I own the label I can deal with that” But I felt it and I’m gunna recommend it to people. Also wouldn’t mind seein a Fahrenheit Instrumania! Tour. That’d be kinda dope to be able to see em all jam and do these tracks live.

Apr 26, 2002
The Instrumania Album, really Displays DE's Musical Talents, but itz a totally different style than waht we are used to hearin' from tha DE

Apr 25, 2002
I just got it, and I'm listenin' to it right now. Definitely some new level DE shit. Gotta soak it before I give my thoughts.......

May 10, 2002
LMMFAO at CB!!! LOL ... man I might as well quiet making posts. CB is talking for me ... haha ... first I say the DE is loving some Sade because some of his music is sounding etremely similar ... and then before I have talked to him or read this post I was telling Gate Won I am sitting hear at the computer listening to "ALL OVA THE PLACE" Bobbin my head and moing my feet non-stop thinking "WHAT THE FUCK AM I LISTENING TOO?!?!?!" ... but I can't stop moving ... I must look like a retard ... hahaha

Like CB said ... great album but frightfully maybe only the few will feel it. As for all this talk about Planet Zero ... his new shit is on another level. Some people don't like to move forward I guess. Don't get me wrong. Planet Z has been my all time favorite album ... until maybe now. BBB takes the cake. Planet Z is a classic ... because it's the only one! Don't make another one. Keep evolving your music! Keep pushing the limits and move forward. Don't let cats stuck in the past keep you there as well.

That's how I look at it. My thoughts

MUCH LUV

CAC tha 6-0

May 4, 2002
www.kavierocks.com
i just got this 2day...i'm likin it....too bad its only 5 tracks....they all knock, but i like "Focus Happy"...its kind like "Link In The Chains", one of my favorite tracks on "Damn That D.E."...anyway, if you a D.E. fan, pick this up...SLUMPULICIOUS...lol...