Faces of Death: countdown 2 death -2 versions

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 6, 2003
I just got Faces Of Death's Countdown 2 Death. I noticed that the art work is a bit different from the one that one ebay seller has. This one is identical to the cassette http://www.amazon.com/Countdown-2-Death-Faces/dp/B004FO0N3Q/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1324165230&sr=8-3. On ebay there's another version where the explicit content label has been replaced by the ususal pen & pixel explicit lyrics label http://www.ebay.com/itm/FACES-DEATH-Countdown-2-Death-Louisiana-g-rap-RARE-/280684322080?pt=Music_CDs&hash=item415a16dd20

Which one is the OG first pressing?

Jul 21, 2005
underground....6 feet deep
I had the one daviddoesdallas is selling right now, My guess is that, don't take my word for it but I think Pen & Pixel who printed the cover messed up the tracks order and the record label had to put a sticker on the back to cover it with the right tracklist. Then they made it right for the second batch which had that cover with added yellow guest features and the right tracklisting on the back:

I think that's what happened. Don't think that album was rereleased after 1997...

Jan 6, 2003
That's a nice theory and I also believe the one with the tracklist errors is the first pressing. Still I don't think pen n pixel is responsible for the complete cover art of the one you posted -the second press. The back insert has a totally different picture, the inlay is a one page booklet and the cover art itself looks like they've scanned the pen n pixel cover and added some crappy word art letters, like "the new NWA". Also, the PA label is different from the original one that pen n pixel used, it's one with "explicit content" and the with vs height ratio is different from the other.

Jan 6, 2003
Damn, Lambo, what a long story. Now I gotta get them both haha. Different track lists and versions sounds cool. Besides, the pen n pixel cover looks better than the other one. I never stop being surprised by the desicions made by rappers when they re-release their shit LOL.
You bought that dirty bird funk yet?

Jan 6, 2003
Talking about that Faces Of Death. I've just given in a listen and basically I think it sucked.... Poor production, mastering and wack rappers. Wouldn't recommend that to anyone I think haha. So no, I don't think I'll search for the OG of that one...

Jan 6, 2003
Half way mastering and sound quality usually make many underground rap records appeal to me because it adds a grimey sound to the whole album, but I guess this didn't happen with this one. I gotta give it a few more spins because there were a couple of OK tracks there though. The majority of tracks were skippable...

Jan 6, 2003
and yes, I'd like to listen to that Dirty bird funk CD. since you dug deeeeep into your pockets it's gotta be good. the danger for me is that I might end up searching for it myself haha