Everready: the Religion *EDITED*

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 17, 2003
I just came back from a week long vacation in western Nebraska. I happened to stop by a Wal-Mart and guess what I found? Everready: the Religion (edited)! Now by traditional standards, this Wal-Mart is really small, since the town itself is really small and there's not a lot out in western Nebraska. I was really surprised to see it there, mainly because I was not aware that an edited version even existed. The other thing I noticed about it was that there is no bonus CD with these. Just the main Everready disc.

Anyhow, I know we all have this album and like the unedited version, but I had seen one or two people post how they would like it if Everready had an edited version. Just wanted to let those people know. I'm posting a link below to the page on their web site. :cool:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5693726

Sep 17, 2003
Thevillian said:
did you look at the cd

Yes. In fact, I should have added that I bought the CD just to hear what it sounds like and because I have a son that I don't like to blast foul language around. The price was under $10, so I figured I couldn't go wrong. I also noticed on the web site that the edited version was released in April, so I guess it was a decision that was made later... whether or not to make an edited version.

It's really weird because they put the un-edited version (with "scrubbed" out cuss words) of "No Can Do" and "the Beast" (which they have an edited version because I have heard it), but with "Fuck 'em Girl" they had a whole edited version with different words and everything. I think that pretty much says that they were planning to use "Shake 'em Girl" as a single at some point, especially when they went to the trouble of making a whole different version.

Sep 17, 2003
timdown said:
i bought AP edited by accident i was pissed as fuck

I bought it too! But I did so on purpose. It was like two years after it was released, and I just saw it on the shelf and thought I'd listen to it to see how it sounded. I always prefer unedited tracks, but since Tech is my favorite rapper, I always try to buy what I can.

Feb 9, 2006
Well did they make a edited version of Caribou Lou?! If so they need to release that as their next single and get a fuckin video out pronto...

Thats the catchiest song that everyone I have shown loves off Everready. Thats a radio banger for sure.

Sep 17, 2003
Theezy said:
Well did they make a edited version of Caribou Lou?! If so they need to release that as their next single and get a fuckin video out pronto...

Thats the catchiest song that everyone I have shown loves off Everready. Thats a radio banger for sure.

Actually, Caribou Lou is as is on this version. Just the same as the unedited version. Sometimes I guess it has to be even more edited for radio.

Feb 9, 2006
Well thats fuckin gay. Why would they remake Fuck Em Girl and not Caribou.. If they wanted a good single to get play that would be the song.

Sep 17, 2003
Theezy said:
Well thats fuckin gay. Why would they remake Fuck Em Girl and not Caribou.. If they wanted a good single to get play that would be the song.

That's what I was wondering, too. It sounds as if it was thrown together in like three hours tops, and then they threw in the version of Fuck 'em Girl that was completely different and sounds good.

What's really "strange" to me is how they didn't throw in the different version of No can Do. I mean, they had it... why not put that in there. It is painful to listen to them edit out the word "fuck" every single time. The way it was edited sounds stupid as well.

Sep 17, 2003
pyromanaic414 said:
prolly cuz Caribou Lou doesnt have the work fuck in the hook of the song

That's true, but the hold up with making it a single (from what I understand) is all the talk about alcohol in the song. I mean, heck... the entire song is just that. Just look at the title. I don't mind, but apparently radio won't broadcast the song unless it has little to no references to drinking. Strange thought there was no possible way to edit the song properly without pretty much changing the entire song. I think it's bullshit, but this is just the type of thing they have been dealing with for years with Tech. If it isn't one thing, it's another. :confused: