Everready must have made an impact...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 17, 2003
People saw how good Everready did, so this seems to have a direct correlation to how many the stores ordered in. Now, hopefully this CD sells really well as well, because the next time they release a Tech N9ne CD, the ordering folks are going to look back at past CD sales, but mostly the very last release.

I remember Travis saying on here last year that this was a problem when the stores were placing orders for Everready. They were looking at the last CD, which was Vintage Tech and saw it wasn't a huge seller like AP or Anghellic. Trying to get those people to take a broader look is like trying to get the President to pull the majority of our troops out of Iraq. :eyecross:

Sep 17, 2003
identity-x said:
There's no way MLK is going to post Everready numbers...

...anyone think this will be a problem for Tech when the next full length is released?

No argument here, homie. But that's the reason I brought it up... it was a problem in the past, so I hope it doesn't come back to bite them.

My only thought, is maybe now with Fontana, they can say to the distributors, "Look... here is what we've done with them and we are still with them."

Oct 16, 2004
the last few years tech has been growing in popularity big time. i remember when vintage tech came out i had to go to 4 places to finally get it. i had to go to zia records, an independant store in az to get it and it was not even on the shelf. i had to ask for it. When everready dropped i went to best buy to get it and they hadmaybe 10 copies. today i went to get mlk and went to zia cause i wanted to get a combichrist cd too since combichrist is hard to find in a major electronics or cd store, and there was probably 25 or more on the shelf. he keeps getting bigger and bigger.

Feb 17, 2006
i fucking hate best buy

not only did they shove all the good CD stores out of business within a year of settin up shop, but they don't take up the responsibility of stocking the underground shit the other BETTER stores had...they only really care about making a buck without giving a fuck about the people

sorry...just a rant

it doesn't matter because i've stolen enough shit from them...they say 2/3 of shoplifting is done by the employees, and i probably account for best buy's other 1/3...cockbags

Aug 9, 2005
juggalo_smoka said:
i'm in canada and my local store said "it's street date has been pushed back to 07/24/07". never get shit on the release date here.
ever so true, but trust when i say you gotta look harder

i bought the only copy of mlk in my area on the 18th; one day after it's release so it is possible, just highly unlikely, but they are out there lol :cheeky:

Jan 10, 2006
@ FYE here in Fresno, Ca they only had about 6-8 copies out in the new release area. I picked up two and didn't bother to check in the rap section. I hope they had more.

Sep 17, 2003
Heat Myser said:
They had quite a few out at Streetside here in Wesport, but the guy at the counter said they weren't selling for shit.

Probably because they relied on MySpace and word of mouth to push the CD to the world. Anyone see billboards around KC for this one? I haven't.

My wife is a manager at Kmart here in my city, and they had one copy on the shelf. She said she went to pick it up and just look at it, and the CD vendor guy (whom doesn't work for Kmart) was like, "That CD has a lot of cussing in it!" It's like..... really? A rap CD with "a lot" of cussing? You don't say! :eyecross:

Apr 16, 2007
Eyeless said:
ever so true, but trust when i say you gotta look harder

i bought the only copy of mlk in my area on the 18th; one day after it's release so it is possible, just highly unlikely, but they are out there lol :cheeky:
that is the only actual cd store i have in town. my only other options are a small music store which you have to order anythin good to get it from them and then they charge you like $30 bucks for it. or theres wal-mart and future shop, i fuckin hate future shop so i won't go there and walmart never has anythin underground.

Sep 17, 2003
swaneejuggalo said:
I'm in Iowa the best buy here had like 5 at the new release(which is a first)

Keep in mind that not a lot of well known music was released on the 17th. I think Yellowcard's new CD was the biggest new release outside of Tech that I saw advertised. I did notice that Best Buy didn't put the CD in their ad like they did with Absolute Power or Everready. :paranoid: