Evander Holyfield wins !!!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 12, 2002
Holyfield defeats Oquendo!

Saturday, November 11 2006

By Byron Spurlock at ringside

Four-time former world heavyweight champion Evander Holyfield (40-8-2, 26 KOs) won a slow-paced twelve round unanimous decision over Fres Oquendo (26-4, 16 KOs) Friday night at the Alamodome in San Antonio. Holyfield thrilled the huge crowd when he dropped Oquendo with a big right hand early in round one, however he didn't follow up and Fres cracked him with a hard shot at the end of the round. Oquendo's awkward workmanlike style was able to dictate the tempo of the fight until Evander hurt him with some punches on the beltline in the sixth. Holyfield had another good round in the seventh and went on to squeak out a 116-111, 114-113, 114-113 win.

He is one of the reasons I watch Boxing and although part of me is happy he won, I would be much happier if he would hang it up.

Dec 9, 2005
Oquendo's awkward workmanlike style was able to dictate the tempo of the fight until Evander hurt him with some punches on the beltline in the sixth.

LOL

I saw the highlights of this one, Evander is in damn good shape for a 44 year old. Better than most of us in our 20's...

Feb 10, 2006
he better quit while he's still healthy, have you seen the belt holders 4 the heavyweights? a 7 footer, some other big dude from germany of around there, and cant forget about wladimir klitchko, dude is a savage!! sorry but evander for the belt? haha!! yea right!!