EQUIPTO

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 25, 2003
Yea its been news for a min... It reely sucks... I dont blame him tho & hes one who worked so hard to drop quality hip-hop & gain a solid following & longevity... Along with Esham!! Even hes about to retire from makin music for good... Both creative artists from 2 different worlds!! So sad to hear...

Sep 26, 2008
Ive just started getting into Equiptos solo stuff.. think i had all the machine gun alibi and horns and holos with him and Nicky but i never really peeped his solo shit til now.. I had the cigarellos album cuz my home caught it at a concert when Equipto was throwing it in the crowd and i stole it from him but i didnt really like it that much just like 4 or 5 songs on it.. Ive been listening to his Ilyich album and im fuckin lovin it and im liking the Mike Meezy and Equipto songs too... what are some other albums of Equipto i should check out? anything that is similuar to Ilyich whould be dope..

R

Sicc OG
Dec 7, 2005
Ive just started getting into Equiptos solo stuff.. think i had all the machine gun alibi and horns and holos with him and Nicky but i never really peeped his solo shit til now.. I had the cigarellos album cuz my home caught it at a concert when Equipto was throwing it in the crowd and i stole it from him but i didnt really like it that much just like 4 or 5 songs on it.. Ive been listening to his Ilyich album and im fuckin lovin it and im liking the Mike Meezy and Equipto songs too... what are some other albums of Equipto i should check out? anything that is similuar to Ilyich whould be dope..
4 or 5 good songs is a gold mine for albums these days...

Sep 26, 2008
4 or 5 good songs is a gold mine for albums these days...
yeah i ment to say 4 or 5 songs where just OK in my opinion.. I liked the two songs with Andre Nickatina a lot... the songs with Smoov e, San Quinn and First Degree was ok too but i would skip over the rest of the songs mostly

Nov 17, 2009
Forever in a day has this song called Love Changes that's dope. Equpito makes so many songs that you really gotta search for the ones you like . KIM has some good songs on it too .

Last edited:
Jul 22, 2003
I would say the Bored Stiff stuff (official and demo albums) are far and away his best work.

You really cant go wrong with any of his albums, Vintage Volumes 1-3 are great, all of his collabo projects, 4 Ever In A Day, Sketches From The Inside Out, also Bored Stiff's albums and his first project Shades Of Rhythm all classics IMO
3 Shades of Rhythm is available for purchase? Or you have a copy from WAYYYY back? I used to have that but its been a long time.

Jul 20, 2010
I liked Behind The Rhyme
Swear true story he had this guy straight from Japan who flew all the way out here to hang out with him for like 6 days Queezy has the mosy loyal fans out of anybody in the bay area
His fans started him a kickstart and paid for him to go on one last tour before he retired niggas from Europe were throwin in and he didn't go that way for the tour
That's shit that a lot of these young artist will never witness

Jul 22, 2003
Here is some more history for yall, Equipto's first project he put together himself:
ghetto tyylit: The Peoples: Xcuse The Static + Equipto interview

Download on included
That was my friends copy of that tape. I had borrowed it from him about 5 years ago. He recently asked me for it and I could not find it and this February found it sitting in my desk drawer. I gave it back to him and he sold it to dude from Finland who posted it.

I know...cool story but I had almost lost it forever. Haha I think I had posted a pic of that tape a while back on the "rare bay area items thread".

Regardless that tape is super grimy but its got some classic material

"B4: Equip - 1 Of Those Days" is my all time favorite Equipto song. He raps over a loop from Gil Scott Herron "Angola Louisiana". Great track.