EQUIPMENT/SOFTWARE OF TOP PRODUCERS

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

FDS

RIP DUKE BROTHERS
Jan 29, 2006
every body uses fruityloops free. get it at cnet.com, smoke some weed, make the tempo about 105bpm, and make a hit!

Apr 10, 2006
www.myspace.com
Alot of the top producers run motif, fantom, or triton keyboards.
Software: protools, cubase, and/or reason
As for drums. I reccomend buying one shots (kicks/snares/hihats/percussion/etc) through www.banginbeats.com (HOT SOUNDS HERE. alot of the top producers shop here)

or modernbeats.com / abstractbeats.com

hope that helps :)
-ghost

Jan 5, 2006
i need something simple to upload all my loops/samples so i can just tap the pads on the mpd and just learn from there.. i have ableton, reason, and i had cubase.. man this shit is confusing in a way.

Apr 26, 2006
discuss650 said:
i need something simple to upload all my loops/samples so i can just tap the pads on the mpd and just learn from there.. i have ableton, reason, and i had cubase.. man this shit is confusing in a way.

Sounds like you need to try FL Studio. $hit is simple. Set it up through the "FPC" plugin that's built into FL.

Jun 2, 2002
www.myspace.com
Ain't really nothing special with what the Top Producers are using, it's how they're using it, so I could care less about WHAT they use, anyone in effort to chase their sound by using the same equipment are lining themselves up for a loss. Every producer uses what they are most comfortable with, if there would anything to mention I was say the most creative commercial producer would have to be Just Blaze. He's nutty on the drums, and he's known for actually using real instruments, whether it's just the drums/percussion, or a live orchestra. You can hear it in his sound.

So who cares what top producers are using.

Peace.

Mar 9, 2007
I can help

Go to your Local Recordstore and cop you drumloops by DJ SWAMP . I've got almost all of them and when I watched the Just Blaze Youtube Vid you know how many Drumloops from DJ Swamp was in there ? A lot , I mean really a lot . So check these .

May 4, 2002
www.kavierocks.com
Mr. Samos said:
Ain't really nothing special with what the Top Producers are using, it's how they're using it, so I could care less about WHAT they use, anyone in effort to chase their sound by using the same equipment are lining themselves up for a loss. Every producer uses what they are most comfortable with, if there would anything to mention I was say the most creative commercial producer would have to be Just Blaze. He's nutty on the drums, and he's known for actually using real instruments, whether it's just the drums/percussion, or a live orchestra. You can hear it in his sound.

Peace.
Agreed. May I add, a lot of people talk down on Fruity Loops, I know I use to, but my cousin is a fucking genius when it comes to that shit. Me myself, I'm trying to learn Reason, then maybe move on to some hardware (Motif/Triton racks, etc.). But you have to find something you're comfortable with. Most producers are using Tritons and Motifs, but if you don't know how to work and tweek them, then your shit is gonna sound exactly like theirs, which I think defeats the whole purpose of trying to make beats.

Apr 26, 2006
Mr. Samos said:

Peace.
^^^ What he said. Who really gives a fuck. It's mostly about how your using your equipment, whether it be hardware or software. If your using samples, you just got to make sure you got some good quality sounds, no built-in shit like the sounds FL Studio has. I use FL Studio myself, but STAY AWAY from those built-in samples, their WACK, their just there as guidelines. Of course if your using real acoustic instruments like a Guitar, Piano, etc... it's always better to use and record the REAL thing, however if you can't play, don't have the ability to record or can't find a player, then find some high quality samples or sounds off keyboards/modules that suit your needs. And any sound that's synthesized should be played by an actual synthesizer IMO, rather than resorting to single-shot synth samples. For example, you want a lead synth sound in your beat, don't use a sampled lead, use a real synthesizer instrument from a keyboard, module or VST and play that shit yourself in realtime, it'll sound much better than using any synth sample. So as far as sequencers go, I think that's just more about personnel preference. I personally like FL Studio a lot, I feel very comfortable working within that environment. Some like Reason, some like Cubase, some like Pro-Tools,etc... use what YOU feel most comfortable with.

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
I use a motif and acid pro. I like the layout better when choping up samples.

And motifs have a computer base program through midi where you can tweak sounds and save them on the board. I love it!

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
also if you know how to slightly play keyboards and know a little bit about music it works wonders, don't blame it all on frooty loops. you might just suck

Jun 2, 2002
www.myspace.com
jayda650 said:
also if you know how to slightly play keyboards and know a little bit about music it works wonders, don't blame it all on frooty loops. you might just suck
Indeed. Naturally. Although I'm not a negative person when it comes to FL, I've heard some nice beats come from that system/program, you definitely need key's to produce right, for starters, a decent Midi Controller and some good VST's will do wonders.

And Naturally, if you can play the piano and work the keyboards, your more likely to think up some real real good melodies, so study them chords and scales.