Ensoniq ASR-10

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 22, 2003
Yo what up,
I'm looking for a ASR-10 since i heard it's old school knock. Could someone tell me some experiences with this machine? How do the filters sound?
How much should I pay for it?
I already have the Korg Triton, so now i need bit more of a trashy sound input... got me?

Jun 27, 2005
thats my all time favorite sampler. it takes some time to learn all the shit that it can do but you can get dvd manuals for it on ebay cheap. the rack is the better option cause it has 8 outs and is less glitchy. the only things I didnt like about it was that it can take FOREVER to load samples depending on how big the files are, its only 8 tracks (even though it says its 16 for some fuckin reason) and its not WAV compatible, but other than that, its a classic machine. I would recommend it to anybody

May 22, 2003
Aight, thanks for replying-- The rack, huh? What kinda problems did you have with the keyboard?
@Mark & Mannish-- Please elaborate on why its your favourite sampler / piece of equipment!

Apr 25, 2002
Once every blue moon I'll plug the ASR in and do something on it just to reminisce. The keyboard would crash sometimes (not often) but other then that, the only problem I've had was breaking the Play button. Ensoniq sent me a bag of those though so it wasn't broken for long.

One thing I miss is the feel of the keys. And I do like the sound of the sample-engine.

DJ Mark 7

djmark7.com
Jul 18, 1977
www.djmark7.com
lol can u say "Error 129 Reboot?" LMFAO GOD that was awful....But haven't seen that message in a few years...

Basically I am just REALLY at home with it and I've never felt limited by what it can do.