Ene... What does it mean?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 11, 2002
www.angelfire.com
As many of you know, I dont claim any set. I'm not norte or anything else, I'm just here to talk about Woodie and East Co Co's music because I enjoy listneing to their stuff. I just never got what "ene" means? Can somone explain to me what it is so I have a better understanding.

Apr 25, 2002
Surenos use eSe which kind of got turned into meaning Southsider or Sureno. So Nortenos use eNe to show affiliation to the Northside or Nortenos. The strange part about it is that some Northerners say ese, so do regular chicano's and brown priders. but when you say eNe there's no question what it is your talking about

Aug 6, 2002
I agree with anthonycg with what ene means.

just wanted to add that some nortenos also use ene for tagging neighbohoods. they say it means

Elite Northern Empire

LOOTER oF tHE NEW CHURCH

IGNORANT ASSHOLE PIECE OF SHIT
Apr 22, 2002
www.stevie-wonder.com
fools from the oldass giant East LA gang Maravilla have used and continue to use the term "Ese" even though they are opposed to Sur and any taxing involved with it. The "Ene" thing is just a take on it to show opposition just as the number 14 was a logical take on 13, and the red rag was chosen opposite the blue rag, and also apparently the "North" opposition to "South" even though "Central" was never claimed at any point despite the huge numbers of Chicanos in the 1960's from there who claim NORTE simply because they were not from Southern California. The letter "S" doesnt mean shit down here, but "M" does for a handful of reasons, so the whole cro$$ing out of the letter "S" is a little off to those few of you Nortenos that do that everytime you type or write S.

Apr 25, 2002
"Ese" iz juzt another word a lot of mexicans/Chicanoz call eachother. itz lyke when we say "wut'z up homie", otherz myght say "wut'z up ese" it doeznt mean a damn thing. but when you say "wut up ENE" everyone knowz damn well you're a NORTENO cuz non-bangerz juzt dont uze that word. "ENE" iz a word NORTENOZ call eachother, and nobody elze uzez it. az otherz already stated, "ENE" iz spanish for "N" which obviously iz tha firzt letter of North or Norteno.